+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry/PNP/Expression of Interest and Job Bank

vikipickles

Sep 2, 2017
So I submitted my application to CIC last week with a score of 421 based on my degree and my skilled work experience here in BC (based over the last two years). I live in BC, have done for the last 2-3 years in a skilled job and my visa expires in mid November.

I got an email saying I should register with Job Bank but my first question is this:

1. I currently have a job in BC that I could continue to keep if my residency were to go through (I wasn't sure if it was worth getting a job offer letter from my employer). Is the Job Bank purely for people who are looking for a job in Canada or is part of the Express Entry system that I need to have job offers lined up so I can prove I am in demand and therefore an asset? Would a job offer letter from my current employer be the same as using Job Bank to secure a job offer? Is Job Bank a necessity for Express Entry or is it just to help people find a job?

I then received an email saying that Ontario has expressed interest in nominating me for PNP which was totally unexpected as because I have 421 points I didn't even consider going through PNP, maybe foolishly but it seemed an unnecessary step when I was so close to the threshold, as I can bump my points up to 450 by retaking my english test or staying with my job for the rest of my visa. I know the EoI is valid for 45 days and realistically I am unlikely to receive another invitation from another province so this could be the best option. So my second question is:

2. How do I go about applying for PNP with Ontario and I was looking at their FAQ's and the information is unclear so I can't tell if I even qualify? The info seems to be that I need to have experience within Ontario so I don't understand why they would send the EoI if I don't even qualify? Is it an automated system or would they have reviewed my profile and know that my experience is in BC? Would I need to have a job offer secured in Ontario?

The whole PNP thing is complete news to me so any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

achan88

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
26-09-2017
1. Job bank registration is required for your EE profile to be eligible. You will get a registration number which links your EE profile with the Job Bank.

2. As far as I know, you will have to prepare the application packet as per the Ontario PNP requirements and send it to them . All the info is on their website. I don't know why it says you need Ontario experience. If you have the EoI letter, then you can submit the application.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
1. Job bank registration is required for your EE profile to be eligible. You will get a registration number which links your EE profile with the Job Bank.

2. As far as I know, you will have to prepare the application packet as per the Ontario PNP requirements and send it to them . All the info is on their website. I don't know why it says you need Ontario experience. If you have the EoI letter, then you can submit the application.
Job bank registration is no longer mandatory since June

achan88

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
26-09-2017

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You don't need to have work experience in ON to receive an invitation. As long as you indicate in your profile you intend to reside in ON as a PR, you could be invited.
If you can bump your points by scoring higher in IELTS then you probably don't need to bother with it. Otherwise it's a surefire way to get you an ITA. It's your call.

You can find more info on OINP here.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE.html

vikipickles

Sep 2, 2017
Thanks for the advice. I looked at the skilled trade requirements and it says that I must be living in Ontario, so I don't understand how this has happened. This is what it says. Number 3 is the thing that screws me and I don't understand why I'd receive the EoI letter if I wasn't eligible?

Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream Criteria
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following provincial criteria:

1. Work Experience: A minimum of 12 months of full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) work experience in Ontario within two years from the date of your Notification of Interest from Ontario. Work experience must be in a skilled trade occupation listed in Minor Group 633 or Major Group 72, 73, or 82 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
  2. Trade Certification (if required): A trade license or certification from the Ontario College of Trades if working/have worked in an occupation in Ontario that requires a license or certification.
  3. Current Residence in Ontario: Currently residing in Ontario on a valid work permit.
  4. Language: A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in English or in French.
  5. Settlement Funds: A minimum level of savings or income to support you and your family members.
  6. Intent: An intention to live in Ontario
I'm going to retake my English test anyway but just confused about whether I should pursue this PNP as it seems that it wouldn't work given that I live in BC.

Thanks!