+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry-PNP and a job offer and no Canadian experience

Jul 8, 2011
I came to Canada in 2011 from my masters in Civil Engineering. I graduated and applied for PNP and I got the nomination letter and I got a job right after I got my letter which is about a month ago.I am waiting to apply through the express entry as I heard it is going to be faster yet I am not eligible to apply through any of the three main categories because I do not have 1 year of canadian experience (FSWP, FSTP, CEC).

to sum up - I have a job offer
- I have a PNP nomination letter
- I do no have any Canadian work experience

Am I eligible to apply through the express entry ? Any thoughts?

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
Civil Engineer said:
I came to Canada in 2011 from my masters in Civil Engineering. I graduated and applied for PNP and I got the nomination letter and I got a job right after I got my letter which is about a month ago.I am waiting to apply through the express entry as I heard it is going to be faster yet I am not eligible to apply through any of the three main categories because I do not have 1 year of canadian experience (FSWP, FSTP, CEC).

to sum up - I have a job offer
- I have a PNP nomination letter
- I do no have any Canadian work experience

Am I eligible to apply through the express entry ? Any thoughts?
Do you have overseas work experience? Have you worked for at least a year in a paid job in other countries? If the answer is yes, then you can claim points according to the CRS. You have to get IELTS scores first and get you ECA.

Jul 8, 2011
I had my IELTS exam already to get the PNP nomination letter. The only thing I am missing is the work experience. when I got my bachelor degree I came here right away to do my master so I did not have a chance to work.

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
Civil Engineer said:
I had my IELTS exam already to get the PNP nomination letter. The only thing I am missing is the work experience. when I got my bachelor degree I came here right away to do my master so I did not have a chance to work.
You may be qualified to CEC class, and I suggest you check its rules carefully. I heard that some CEC immigration does not need work experience, but I am not sure. You'd better read the lines by yourself.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Civil Engineer said:
CEC requires 1 year of work experiences after graduation. If you have PNP, you should look at FSW or FST to get into EE pool.