+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry pgwp

hardy2895

Mar 22, 2015
Hello everyone,
How are you guys doing?
I hope everyone is having a wonderful time.
I need your help guys. I am a recent international graduate now on pgwp and currently working for a small business as a mechanical design detailer(I graduated as a mechanical technician) in ontario. I went to an immigration lawyer and he advised me to move to pei because its way too risky to get permanent residency in ontario. He asked for 10k which is absurdly huge amount. Anyways, I dont want to move out of ontario. I am planning to give the IELTS test asap. I calculated my crs points and I get 425 without LMIA(475 with it) after 1 year of working at my current job. I am thinking about talking to my boss about LMIA but dont know what to ask. If you guys could help me that would mean a lot to me. As time is my biggest restriction, I wanna pick the right path as soon as possible.
Please advice me on this, even if I have to move to a different province. I love Canada, dont want to leave it.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can get detailed info about the LMIA process here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/hire/median-wage/high.html

The first step will be for your employer to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. Make sure your employer follows the LMIA advertising requirements.

hardy2895

Mar 22, 2015
scylla said:
You can get detailed info about the LMIA process here:

The first step will be for your employer to advertise the job for at least a month to prove no Canadian could be found for the role. Make sure your employer follows the LMIA advertising requirements.
Thank you for your reply.
My employer did advertise about the job. In fact thats how I got the job, it was on indeed and believe it or not he is short of staff even now. How do we show that the job position has been advertised?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
hardy2895 said:
Hello everyone,
How are you guys doing?
I hope everyone is having a wonderful time.
I need your help guys. I am a recent international graduate now on pgwp and currently working for a small business as a mechanical design detailer(I graduated as a mechanical technician) in ontario. I went to an immigration lawyer and he advised me to move to pei because its way too risky to get permanent residency in ontario. He asked for 10k which is absurdly huge amount. Anyways, I dont want to move out of ontario. I am planning to give the IELTS test asap. I calculated my crs points and I get 425 without LMIA(475 with it) after 1 year of working at my current job. I am thinking about talking to my boss about LMIA but dont know what to ask. If you guys could help me that would mean a lot to me. As time is my biggest restriction, I wanna pick the right path as soon as possible.
Please advice me on this, even if I have to move to a different province. I love Canada, dont want to leave it.
Thank you.
I think you have taken right decision if you could get LMIA points and your score jumps to 475, you have a strong chance to get ITA pretty soon.
Just to let you know PEI is currently closed and is not accepting applications.

hardy2895

Mar 22, 2015
Navprateek said:
I think you have taken right decision if you could get LMIA points and your score jumps to 475, you have a strong chance to get ITA pretty soon.
Just to let you know PEI is currently closed and is not accepting applications.
I actually havent done it but I am more inclined towards taking the LMIA way. It is risky but I think its a better choice. Is 475 points good enough? Also how do we know that pnp are opened for a province?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
hardy2895 said:
I actually havent done it but I am more inclined towards taking the LMIA way. It is risky but I think its a better choice. Is 475 points good enough? Also how do we know that pnp are opened for a province?
You can go on province website and it says it all. Just Google PEI PNP, it should tell you the details there. When did you get your PGWP?

hardy2895

Mar 22, 2015
Navprateek said:
You can go on province website and it says it all. Just Google PEI PNP, it should tell you the details there. When did you get your PGWP?
I got my PGWP in October 2016 and started working in December 2016. Till now I thought the only thing I need from my employer is a job letter after 1 year of working but apparently thats not the case.

hardy2895

Mar 22, 2015
Navprateek said:
Well I am still not sure what your concern is then?
My concern is that I have two options. First, one year work experience at my current job, I will be getting 425 points which obviously is not enough. But if my employer provides me LMIA then I would get 475 points which I think is good but this is a risky way. The other option is to move to different province which I am open to but dont prefer. I wanna make a decision asap because it is going to be harder later as time is a restriction. I just need some help to make that decision.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assuming you're under 30, CLB 9 in your English test, 1 year Canadian experience and Canadian education... your score should be considerably higher than 425 after a year of work experience.

hardy2895

Mar 22, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
Assuming you're under 30, CLB 9 in your English test, 1 year Canadian experience and Canadian education... your score should be considerably higher than 425 after a year of work experience.
I am 21 right now but I came to Canada after high school. So even with CLB 9, I get 425 points with the crs tool on cic. I majored in a two year program from sheridan by the way. Do you think I am doing something wrong when calculating my crs?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hardy2895 said:
Thank you for your reply.
My employer did advertise about the job. In fact thats how I got the job, it was on indeed and believe it or not he is short of staff even now. How do we show that the job position has been advertised?
He needs to advertise it again before applying for the LMIA. The advertisement needs to run in more than one place. If you're serious about going the LMIA route, I'd recommend you spend time reading through the link I provided to understand what's going to be involved.

hardy2895

Mar 22, 2015
scylla said:
He needs to advertise it again before applying for the LMIA. The advertisement needs to run in more than one place. If you're serious about going the LMIA route, I'd recommend you spend time reading through the link I provided to understand what's going to be involved.
Oh okay. Yea I did read it. I realize now how hard is it for an employer too to get positive LMIA. There is a lot of stuff involved. How do I explain this to my employer though because as far as I know, he doesn't know a lot about immigration and stuff.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hardy2895 said:
I am 21 right now but I came to Canada after high school. So even with CLB 9, I get 425 points with the crs tool on cic. I majored in a two year program from sheridan by the way. Do you think I am doing something wrong when calculating my crs?
I got 437, I was assuming you have a bachelor's, if that were the case your score would be around 474.

Something to consider, if going back to school is an option your score would jump around 479 if you have "two or more certificates"

hardy2895

Mar 22, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
I got 437, I was assuming you have a bachelor's, if that were the case your score would be around 474.

Something to consider, if going back to school is an option your score would jump around 479 if you have "two or more certificates"
I dont have a bachelor's. I have a two year diploma.
Going back to school is going to be really expensive as you might know. Also I already have my pgwp now so I am not sure if I can study on pgwp.