+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry-PCC and Birth Certificate

abny876

Feb 8, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am 27 years old single male who received a ITA earlier today in the latest draw.I have a few queries regarding Police clearance certificate and Birth Certificate.To start with,I do not have any dependants with me and I am not married.I have recently been reissued a new passport.So will I need a birth certificate for my e-APR?.

I completed my Bachelor's and Masters in the UK and my stay in the UK was of nearly 5 years.Therefore I certainly need a UK PCC but but I completed my college in India and after I turned 18 I lived in three different places in India and speaking of which,I am currently working in Mumbai since almost 2 years.My question is that will I have to contact/visit each and every state's local district police office and get a PCC or a passport seva kendra PCC is enough?.I suppose a passport seva kendra PCC comes in 1-2 weeks.Please correct me if I am wrong.Visiting/contacting the local district police offices in each and every state is cumbersome considering the fact that I only have 90 days to submit all the documents.

Thanks very much.Appreciate you help.

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
You will not need a birth certificate unless they have specifically asked you in the list of documents, which I don't think so will be the case.

abny876

Feb 8, 2017
Thanks very much for your reply Sherenk. This is a silly question but how do I find out the list of documents that I will be required to submit.I know we can access it from CIC website but can we access it on individual basis once we log into our CIC account?

Appreciate your assistance.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
abny876 said:
Thanks very much for your reply Sherenk. This is a silly question but how do I find out the list of documents that I will be required to submit.I know we can access it from CIC website but can we access it on individual basis once we log into our CIC account?

Appreciate your assistance.
1 PCC per country, get it from PSK
If your passport is renewed on current address then you will get PCC at PSK only.
If address in passport and current residence is different, then you need to carry current address proof and details of residences where you have stayed for last 1 year.
Once you complete your application, then a document checklist will be created against which you can upload all the required documents. Post that you have pay the fee and submit the application.
Things you should do immediately
Schedule an appointment at the nearest PSK (mumbai), request for PCC from all other countries, take a medical appointment at lilavati (fee is 6k, they will take approx 4 hours for entire checkup) and get the reference letters from your employers
Get letters from bank for PoF (take it close to date of submission of application)