+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry or Pnp

Mayank1994

Sep 20, 2019
Hloo, I just got my post study workpermit after doing diploma in environmental technician from Mohawk College, Hamilton. I have Bachelor degree from India and do not have any job experience in India as well as Canada. I can easily get clb 9.
However, I am not whether I should opt for express entry or any other pnp programme. If anyone can help me, what will be the best option for me to get PR.

Mayank1994

Sep 20, 2019
You need to have at least 1 year continous of work experience to be eligible for Express Entry or PNP.
This is where im confused, in which field i should get experience..!! If I get experience for express entry and my file doesn't get picked up in time..what will be the options for me?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
This is where im confused, in which field i should get experience..!! If I get experience for express entry and my file doesn't get picked up in time..what will be the options for me?
How is anyone supposed to tell you the field in which you should get experience? You work in whatever the field you want to or love, and you get experience along with working in that field. It's such a dumb question to ask.

Your file only gets picked up for immigration, when you have applied for it. To apply for it, you need to have 1 year of continuous work experience.

It would be better, that you use the time available on your open work permit wisely, find a job that you'd love to do (or not love to do, but you'll do anyway), get at least 1 year of continuous work experience and then apply for PR.

Mayank1994

Sep 20, 2019
You are not getting me.. I just wanna know if I get an experience of one year in my relative field of education in Ontario. Can I use that experince in any pnp program offered by other provinences.. such as Saskatchewan??

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
You are not getting me.. I just wanna know if I get an experience of one year in my relative field of education in Ontario. Can I use that experince in any pnp program offered by other provinences.. such as Saskatchewan??
Yes, you can claim your work experience for any PNP program you want to opt-in.

Mayank1994

Sep 20, 2019
Can you suggest me one thing ...whether i should opt for express entry or pnp program in any other provinces ..I am asking because I need to move from Hamilton. If the pnp program will be more suitable for me, I will move according to it.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Can you suggest me one thing ...whether i should opt for express entry or pnp program in any other provinces ..I am asking because I need to move from Hamilton. If the pnp program will be more suitable for me, I will move according to it.
You need to first calculate your CRS. If it is in 460's and above, you won't even need PNP. You would be able to get an ITA within FSW or FST.

PNP comes under the Express Entry (EE) system. EE has multiple streams: PNP, FSW, FST, CEC and etc..

PNP is basically a province nominates you to come and settle in their province. A provincial nomination fetches you additional 600 points for your CRS and is sure-shot invitation to apply.

CRS Calculator: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Mayank1994

Sep 20, 2019
Thanks a lot .. i got this now....
I need one more thing for calculating my score. As I have done my Bachelor's from India and diploma from Canada.
What I am supposed to fill in the column where it asks
"What is your level of education?"
1. Bachelors Degree
Or
2.Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees??
I am really confused here. Please help me out

Mayank1994

Sep 20, 2019
Thanks a lot .. I got this now....
I need one more thing for calculating my score. As I have done my Bachelor's from India and diploma from Canada.
1. Bachelors Degree
Or
2.Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
1. Bachelors Degree
Or
You’ve already answered your question when you explained your education background.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
1. Bachelors Degree
Or
Two or more degrees. However, you will need to get an ECA for your Indian Bachelor degree to claim points for two or more degrees.

Mayank1994

Sep 20, 2019
Thanks a lot...
One more thing, my spouse is inadmissible and by the time I will apply for express entry his Inadmissibility will be of less than one year. He will not be accompanying me. Moreover, I was in Canada when he got inadmissible and he was inadmissible before I married him.
Will it effect my PR application?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks a lot...
One more thing, my spouse is inadmissible and by the time I will apply for express entry his Inadmissibility will be of less than one year. He will not be accompanying me. Moreover, I was in Canada when he got inadmissible and he was inadmissible before I married him.
Will it effect my PR application?
If the spouse is inadmissible, then, the primary applicant also becomes inadmissible, even if the spouse is non-accompanying.