+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry or CSQ??

Jul 24, 2018
I'm currently working in Montreal for the past 1 year. I've a work permit valid for one more year. My work permit location is Montreal but under a company whose headquarters is in Toronto. I've my spouse also in Montreal currently looking for a job but finding it difficult since she does not know French. I would like to know if I'm legally eligible to apply for PR under the federal express entry program or do I need to go via the CSQ route?

Please guide. Thanks much for your help.

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
I'm currently working in Montreal for the past 1 year. I've a work permit valid for one more year. My work permit location is Montreal but under a company whose headquarters is in Toronto. I've my spouse also in Montreal currently looking for a job but finding it difficult since she does not know French. I would like to know if I'm legally eligible to apply for PR under the federal express entry program or do I need to go via the CSQ route?

Please guide. Thanks much for your help.
with one year Canadian experience you can apply for EE under CEC category..

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Does it mean that I need to move out of Quebec after getting my PR or am I legally not allowed to work in Quebec since I didnt go via the CSQ route?

I was told that I need to prove the intent that I will be moving out of QC for me to apply via EE. Please correct my understanding. Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply. Does it mean that I need to move out of Quebec after getting my PR or am I legally not allowed to work in Quebec since I didnt go via the CSQ route?

I was told that I need to prove the intent that I will be moving out of QC for me to apply via EE. Please correct my understanding. Thanks
You can apply while living in Quebec but as you mentioned you must prove your intention of residing outside of such province.