+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Not sure why I require two police certificates - any advice?

Dec 24, 2016
Hi everyone - I have been invited to apply for PR under the Canadian Experience Class. In my documents checklist, it asks for me to provide multiple police certificates. I will definitely need to provide one for the United States, but I'm confused as to why I would have to provide another. I have been living in Canada since 2010 — first as a student, and then as a worker with a post graduate work permit. In 2012, I studied abroad in Denmark for five months...not six, hence my confusion. I included information about my time in Denmark under address history and international travel. Is that why I'm encountering this problem? Has anyone else found themselves in a similar situation? Any help is greatly appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Per the six months rule, you don't need a PCC for your time in Denmark - however I would obtain one all the same. Once someone has lived somewhere for five months plus, CIC will often request a PCC even though they never hit the six month mark. I would personally go ahead and get the second PCC now if you can. This will ensure you don't run into delays later.

HABY

Dec 23, 2016
un_petit_oiseau said:
Hi everyone - I have been invited to apply for PR under the Canadian Experience Class. In my documents checklist, it asks for me to provide multiple police certificates. I will definitely need to provide one for the United States, but I'm confused as to why I would have to provide another. I have been living in Canada since 2010 — first as a student, and then as a worker with a post graduate work permit. In 2012, I studied abroad in Denmark for five months...not six, hence my confusion. I included information about my time in Denmark under address history and international travel. Is that why I'm encountering this problem? Has anyone else found themselves in a similar situation? Any help is greatly appreciated!
I guess you have to get PCC from Canada too if you have lived here for more than 6months. So that makes two; one from US and one from Canada.

hudson34

Dec 23, 2016
un_petit_oiseau said:
I got the same in my checklist (asking for multiple certificates). Based on what I read on this forum, it seems like this is a generic checklist (I know for sure I have not resided in any country other than Canada and my own for more than six months).

Cheers

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
un_petit_oiseau said:
If I were you I would request one from Denmark too, just in case. I also lived in Denmark temporary (more than 6 months though) and I requested the police certificate that was sent quite fast (if I recall correctly it took between 2-3 weeks) and it comes already in different languages, so no translation is required.

Just my two cents.

hinaawan

Sep 5, 2017
I got the same in my checklist (asking for multiple certificates). Based on what I read on this forum, it seems like this is a generic checklist (I know for sure I have not resided in any country other than Canada and my own for more than six months).

Cheers
r u sure, no need of multiple police certificate, as i also have been living in pakistan since my birth, so i dont need multiple. but im getting in my checklist, Police certificate(multiple)

jman25

Jul 27, 2017

Cheers
Submit a PCC from your home country and a Local RCMP PCC and you should be fine

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I guess you have to get PCC from Canada too if you have lived here for more than 6months. So that makes two; one from US and one from Canada.
NO - no PCC for Canada is required.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Y RCMP , im living in pakistsn. Y should i need it
Regardless of where you live, you do not need to provide a PCC for Canada with the application.

Sometimes IRCC will request one at a later date. But it is not required with the application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Per the six months rule, you don't need a PCC for your time in Denmark - however I would obtain one all the same. Once someone has lived somewhere for five months plus, CIC will often request a PCC even though they never hit the six month mark. I would personally go ahead and get the second PCC now if you can. This will ensure you don't run into delays later.

I agree. It's Denmark - it's easier to just get the PCC than to contest it.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
6 month is required, but sometimes according to the officer 4-5 month also is required
sometimes if you have traveled many times to a specific country in the last 5 years, the officer might ask another PCC