Express Entry - Not getting job offer points

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
Hello,
I am currently working on a closed work permit (with a valid job offer and LMIA Exempt ) for the last 7 months now. I am not getting the job offer related 50 points in the EE profile.

Can you please help with any information which might explain why I am not eligible for the points. Thanks!

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
Also, I have an experience in the industry for 7+ years and with the same company in India, USA and now Canada. So, wondering if the experience in India and USA does not add to the eligibility. Thanks!

luzan

Oct 27, 2019
New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello,
I am currently working on a closed work permit (with a valid job offer and LMIA Exempt ) for the last 7 months now. I am not getting the job offer related 50 points in the EE profile.

Can you please help with any information which might explain why I am not eligible for the points. Thanks!
This page details the requirements that a job offer must satisfy to earn you points. In particular they mention that "A work permit on its own is not a job offer". I think the case that would apply to you is:

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
This page details the requirements that a job offer must satisfy to earn you points. In particular they mention that "A work permit on its own is not a job offer".
Yes. Thanks. I went through the pointers.
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit - Eligible.
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer - I have been working for the same employer for the last 7 years, across India, USA and Canada. In Canada alone, i have 7 months experience. Are they asking about only the Canadian experience with the employer?
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. Thanks. I went through the pointers.
Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit - Eligible.
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer - I have been working for the same employer for the last 7 years, across India, USA and Canada. In Canada alone, i have 7 months experience. Are they asking about only the Canadian experience with the employer?
You need to work for the employer in Canada for one full year before you will qualify for the 50 job offer points. If you have 7 months in Canada so far, you have another 5 months to go before you can claim the points.

Reactions: Secil