+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry: Medical examination for pregnant wife

mike2000

Jul 23, 2012
We have got invitation via Express entry. But when we visited for medical examination we came to know my wife is pregnant (It was a very happy moment).
So, doctor transmitted my medical report to CIC via emedical system.

But kept medical of my wife on hold as X-Ray was not done, rest other tests were normal.
Also, provided us a copy of emedical system of me and my wife.
emedical report has reason that X-Ray cannot be done as client is pregnant. Moreover, suggested us to take X-Ray after baby is born via a Canadian approved doctor.
and send report to her and then she will clear that from system.

I have a question:
Is it fine to upload emedical report of me and my wife and provide them a reason of her pregnancy due to which X-Ray was not completed.
or
I should apply for my own application and later after few months apply for my wife's Canadian PR application.

Thanks,
Mike

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its fine, they'll just have to wait until she can do the medical to process your application.

mike2000

Jul 23, 2012
a qq:

So, background verification will start for me and my wife.
Later, we can provide her X-Ray done and then Canadian approved doctor can transmit/approve her e-medical record.

or background verification will not start until completed e-medical record for my wife is done as well (ie when X-Ray is done).

Thanks,
Mike

emaanabbas

Mar 31, 2014
I have similar situation, I (Principal Applicant) received ITA in May 2015, everything was submitted by first week of June including ECAS results and medical (EE status: Medical passed) However, i found out that i was pregnant during the time of Medical and we are expecting a baby in last week of November 2015. Background "Not Started" yet which means, i will most likely will have baby in my home country.

Please advise what is the right course of action in this situation, what can i do now to have least impact on my Immigration case.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

harn

Dec 10, 2015
emaanabbas said:
I have similar situation, I (Principal Applicant) received ITA in May 2015, everything was submitted by first week of June including ECAS results and medical (EE status: Medical passed) However, i found out that i was pregnant during the time of Medical and we are expecting a baby in last week of November 2015. Background "Not Started" yet which means, i will most likely will have baby in my home country.

Please advise what is the right course of action in this situation, what can i do now to have least impact on my Immigration case.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Hi ,

I need your help, my case is similar to yours..I have got ita on 4th december, however i am 18 weeks pregnant, i have also deferred my chest xray and would do it after delievery, but that is in last may.

How would my case be considered. Have you got your xray done now.. How is your case going.. Have you applied for the pr of baby.

Please let me know

Thanks

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
mike2000 said:
We have got invitation via Express entry. But when we visited for medical examination we came to know my wife is pregnant (It was a very happy moment).
So, doctor transmitted my medical report to CIC via emedical system.

But kept medical of my wife on hold as X-Ray was not done, rest other tests were normal.
Also, provided us a copy of emedical system of me and my wife.
emedical report has reason that X-Ray cannot be done as client is pregnant. Moreover, suggested us to take X-Ray after baby is born via a Canadian approved doctor.
and send report to her and then she will clear that from system.

I have a question:
Is it fine to upload emedical report of me and my wife and provide them a reason of her pregnancy due to which X-Ray was not completed.
or
I should apply for my own application and later after few months apply for my wife's Canadian PR application.

Thanks,
Mike
Congratulations on becoming a father!

As mentioned above, its all fine. Your wife will be able to do her x-ray later. Wont be any issues there.

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
Valuable information. I have received an ITA on 13th April, and in the process of getting docs ready. A bit concerned with medicals, as we (my wife )are in the early stages of pregnancy. As X-ray is a big no no for pregnant woman, just curious on how the process goes.

In my understanding, our case will be on hold until my spouse does the x ray, and the new born child too? Thanks

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
Valuable information. I have received an ITA on 13th April, and in the process of getting docs ready. A bit concerned with medicals, as we (my wife )are in the early stages of pregnancy. As X-ray is a big no no for pregnant woman, just curious on how the process goes.

In my understanding, our case will be on hold until my spouse does the x ray, and the new born child too? Thanks
any update on ur case ?

robinsonjoel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2018
LANDED..........
8-04-2018
any update on ur case ?
No updates till now. I'm expecting a UCI number (if they assign one) in the first week of August

dxb2020

Aug 28, 2015
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Hi All

Guyz my case is also similar. We are expecting a child and the delivery is due Mid of October Inshallah. We had applied under OINP and after being nominated received ITA on 4th May 2017. Complete application was submitted except for my wifes X-ray for which we got an e-medical deferrel letter from the physician and the same was submitted alongwith the application.

Now, can anyone please share their experience on
1. How the case will proceed and is there any need to inform OINP about the medical being deferred or after OINP nomination all the correspondence is done with IRCC only?
2. OINP nomination expires in October, although i have submitted my application, does that have any impact ?
3. Wife X-ray needs to be done immediately after delivery or have to submit with the childs medical?
4. Will i receive any email from IRCC for additional documents for the baby ?

Thanks in advance

giri123

Aug 19, 2014
Hi All

Guyz my case is also similar. We are expecting a child and the delivery is due Mid of October Inshallah. We had applied under OINP and after being nominated received ITA on 4th May 2017. Complete application was submitted except for my wifes X-ray for which we got an e-medical deferrel letter from the physician and the same was submitted alongwith the application.

Now, can anyone please share their experience on
1. How the case will proceed and is there any need to inform OINP about the medical being deferred or after OINP nomination all the correspondence is done with IRCC only?
2. OINP nomination expires in October, although i have submitted my application, does that have any impact ?
3. Wife X-ray needs to be done immediately after delivery or have to submit with the childs medical?
4. Will i receive any email from IRCC for additional documents for the baby ?

Thanks in advance
Hi, I am in a similar situation. We received the ITA earlier this month and we are expecting our baby in the first week of November. However, the documents should be submitted by end of Oct and we have received permission from the doctors in USA to keep the x-ray on hold and other information can be released. But I am not sure about the additional documents required for the baby and also the medicals. Also, the baby's passport could take many weeks from time of birth. Anyone with similar experience? Thanks

reach.mr.rahul

Nov 14, 2016
Same Situation for me also

I received my NS nomination on July 28th and ITA on 3rd AUG ... all docs are ready to submit . Have arranged my last 3 countries PCC also ... but my wife is 26 weeks pregnant, she has deferred for chest xray and advised do it after delivery, but our delivery sue date is December .

How would my case be considered. Have you got your xray done now.. How is your case going.. Have you applied for the pr of baby.

I am PNP applicant