+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry - married but apply alone

escapehk

Oct 8, 2019
Hi all,

Express entry - Married but spouse not accompany (due to higher score)

1. Will this case highly rejectable?
2. Can spouse come and settle later?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

Express entry - Married but spouse not accompany (due to higher score)

1. Will this case highly rejectable?
2. Can spouse come and settle later?

Thanks!
1. No. You need to be completely honest that she is non-accompanying due to points.

2. You will have to sponsor her.

Reactions: escapehk

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
You won't be rejected but you'd better have an explanation for why your spouse's not coming other than "I want to get a higher score so I can get invited sooner". You can't add your spouse after you get invited so you'll have to sponsor him/her after you go to Canada. This is not recommended since you'll have to be separate with your spouse for at least a year unless he/she has already got a temporary visa to Canada.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You won't be rejected but you'd better have an explanation for why your spouse's not coming other than "I want to get a higher score so I can get invited sooner". You can't add your spouse after you get invited so you'll have to sponsor him/her after you go to Canada. This is not recommended since you'll have to be separate with your spouse for at least a year unless he/she has already got a temporary visa to Canada.
Incorrect about the explanation. IRCC knows when people are doing it for the points and seem to accept it as long as applicants EXPLICITLY state it is for the points instead of lying.

robstark1255

Mar 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
03-07-19
I talked a guy who faced the same situation. He told he wanted to settle first and his wife will join later. He got PR.

Reactions: escapehk and Fallon

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Option 1: Mention that you are applying alone for the sake of points in a simple and humble way. Also, do not hide the fact that you are married. There is a risk of application going into review or delayed.

Option 2 (not recommended):There is also the option of declaring that you are separated and have been living apart for 90+days (this means you are on your way to divorce at some point) - but you can reconcile a year later and sponsor him/her. You usually do not get additional questions and would not go to review but you are lying in your application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Option 1: Mention that you are applying alone for the sake of points in a simple and humble way. Also, do not hide the fact that you are married. There is a risk of application going into review or delayed.

Option 2 (not recommended):There is also the option of declaring that you are separated and have been living apart for 90+days (this means you are on your way to divorce at some point) - but you can reconcile a year later and sponsor him/her. You usually do not get additional questions and would not go to review but you are lying in your application.
For anyone reading this, Option 2 is immigration fraud.

Reactions: tanvir1982

escapehk

Oct 8, 2019
Incorrect about the explanation. IRCC knows when people are doing it for the points and seem to accept it as long as applicants EXPLICITLY state it is for the points instead of lying.
Thank you for your reply.
So I can just simply honestly tell IRCC, it is for the point?