+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry & LMIA few questions

electromecca

Nov 16, 2016
Hello Folks,

I am pretty new to this forum so please excuse me if this topic was already discussed somewhere.

I've got an offer of employment from a company in Toronto, and currently they'e waiting for LMIA assessment to complete. Meanwhile I am processing all outstanding items on my side.

IELTS - done
ECA - docs sent to ICAS but after reading some reviews in here, I've decided to send everything to WES

Now I am also preparing for a second stage once I receive ITA ( proof of employment from all employers I'm declaring in my profile), cert from police, medical exam for me and all family members.

I am wondering how long LMIA process takes? I've calculated (based on the contract from employer), that hourly rate is higher than median (but is not in high bracket, based on job bank profile for that NOC position)

I understand that candidates with valid job offer (lmia), are getting ITA within next round. Then I have 60 days to provide all documentation I've mentioned earlier (plus bank statements etc). Anything else I'm missing?

What's the processing time once I submit those? On cic website I read it may take up to 25 weeks, but average is 41 days (I am guessing this means working days excluding Saturday and Sunday)?

So within two months I should be get to next stage, but what is the next stage? :D

Thanks in advance for answering those questions.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
electromecca said:
Hello Folks,

I am pretty new to this forum so please excuse me if this topic was already discussed somewhere.

I've got an offer of employment from a company in Toronto, and currently they'e waiting for LMIA assessment to complete. Meanwhile I am processing all outstanding items on my side.

IELTS - done
ECA - docs sent to ICAS but after reading some reviews in here, I've decided to send everything to WES

Now I am also preparing for a second stage once I receive ITA ( proof of employment from all employers I'm declaring in my profile), cert from police, medical exam for me and all family members.

I am wondering how long LMIA process takes? I've calculated (based on the contract from employer), that hourly rate is higher than median (but is not in high bracket, based on job bank profile for that NOC position)

I understand that candidates with valid job offer (lmia), are getting ITA within next round. Then I have 60 days to provide all documentation I've mentioned earlier (plus bank statements etc). Anything else I'm missing?

What's the processing time once I submit those? On cic website I read it may take up to 25 weeks, but average is 41 days (I am guessing this means working days excluding Saturday and Sunday)?

So within two months I should be get to next stage, but what is the next stage? :D

Thanks in advance for answering those questions.
LMIA processing times are wildly unpredictable. Your employer has to advertise your job for a month and prove to EDSC that no Canadians or PRs could be found to do your job. Your employer can then submit an LMIA application. How long the application will take depends on your case. My employer applied in January, 2016 and got it approved in July, 2016. I have also heard of applications taking 10-15 days on this form

How many points do you have without LMIA, though? Cut-off scores are expected to drop in the next 2-3 months so you might not need one.

CECMay

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As has already been said, LMIA processing times can vary, but speaking from experience mine have always come through in around 2 months (last one took 65 days to be exact). Hope that helps :)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Gurunandan said:
My score is 346. Is there any possibility of getting a PNP? My NOC code is 0122. Thanks in advance.
Try applying and see

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Guys! One help.

I have just submitted my EE profile and received 50 points for work exp ( full points with CLB9).
My work exp details :-

1. May 13 to Aug 15
2. Nov 15 to May 16
3. Sept 16 - current job.

I was wondering how did I get 50 points, despite not completing exact 3 years.
Could any of you review and suggest on this plz.

Thanks
Narinder

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
narindersahib said:
Guys! One help.

I have just submitted my EE profile and received 50 points for work exp ( full points with CLB9).
My work exp details :-

1. May 13 to Aug 15
2. Nov 15 to May 16
3. Sept 16 - current job.

I was wondering how did I get 50 points, despite not completing exact 3 years.
Could any of you review and suggest on this plz.

Thanks
Narinder
Please don't post this on every thread. Be patient and someone will get back to you.
I'm guessing this is foreign work experience?

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
yes this related to foreign work experience .. currently I am at 469.. so under doubt, if I get ITA in next draw should I accept it or not