NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Passport Req..
13-12-2017
LANDED..........
08-03-2017
Hello,

I have received an ITA under FSW for EE. I have an approved LMIA but my work permit is under process so I am currently not working in Canada. I had answered NO to the question where they ask if I am currently working in Canada under a work permit. I still have to show them a Letter of Employment. I don't know why I got this document on my checklist.

Can anyone please help with it? Should I upload a Letter of Explanation? or wait for my work permit?

Thank you.

graeme.baker

Sep 26, 2016
Did you manage to work out what to do? I have the exact same issue, where im not starting my job for another 2 weeks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aditindoshi said:
Hello,

I have received an ITA under FSW for EE. I have an approved LMIA but my work permit is under process so I am currently not working in Canada. I had answered NO to the question where they ask if I am currently working in Canada under a work permit. I still have to show them a Letter of Employment. I don't know why I got this document on my checklist.

Can anyone please help with it? Should I upload a Letter of Explanation? or wait for my work permit?
You cannot qualify for EE without previous work experience. For each and every position you listed in your profile, you need to provide a letter of employment - it is the primary piece of evidence that is required. It addresses only past work experience.

Please read the instructions under "Proof of Work Experience" - the "reference or experience letter" (AKA Letter of employment) has a number of required pieces of information -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

"Employment records" are additional documents that prove your work experience (e.g. T4 or equivalent tax documents, paystubs, contracts, etc.).

The job offer letter is only required if you have the 600 bonus points for an LMIA-approved "valid job offer."