+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry job offer questions and job title as per NOC

Hitesh401C

Sep 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I wish to apply under express entry and while creating profile I came across Intended work in Canada section. I am currently working fulltime on PGWP and have one year of experience in same company.
So, Should I answer yes to the above section question " Does ABC has job offer for fulltime work?" OR just say no and add work history in the next section? If I say yes, it ask couple of questions on LMIA which I don't require due to PGWP.

Also, My skill level is A and NOC category is 2132 but my job title is EIT. My duties are similar as mentioned in NOC description. I don't have P.Eng yet. I went through the list of titles and EIT is not in the list. Is the EIT title still valid and will it be considered in the same NOC for getting work CRS points?

Please provide any suggestions as I don't want to make a error in the profile for pool.
Also if any question let me know.

Thank You for the answers and any support.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - The answer is "no" for the valid job offer question, only those with LMIA or with LMIA exempt work permits which are employer specific can have a valid job offer.

2 - Your job title is irrelevant - as long as the NOC chosen matches your duties and responsibilities that's what is required.

Reactions: Hitesh401C

Hitesh401C

Sep 23, 2017
1 - The answer is "no" for the valid job offer question, only those with LMIA or with LMIA exempt work permits which are employer specific can have a valid job offer.

2 - Your job title is irrelevant - as long as the NOC chosen matches your duties and responsibilities that's what is required.
Thank You DelPiero07.

My work permit is open and doesn't mention specific employer on it. So the section doesn't need to filled by me. Is my understanding correct?

Hitesh401C

Sep 23, 2017
Has anyone completed the sections for engineering work experience under skill A and similar NOC or title? Just want to have a discussion on the same if anyone has gone through it and completed the process.

spremkr2001

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone completed the sections for engineering work experience under skill A and similar NOC or title? Just want to have a discussion on the same if anyone has gone through it and completed the process.
Hitesh,

I am also in same NOC (2132) but in India. Can you please let me know how did you manage to get LMIA. If you can share info it will be a great help. I have 15+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design.

Thanks