+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - ITA

Aniee

Jan 23, 2018
Hello,

I have received ITA on May 1st 2020 for Canadian Exp Class. However, I am not sure if I should accept or decline because my 1 year experience has not yet completed as per the date.

My joining date is June 10th 2019 (filled as June 2019 in pool), so as per that I complete 1 year on June 9th 2020 but have received my ITA on May 1st.

Could you please advice on what should I do?

Thanks in advance

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
You’ll have 60 days to complete your application package and within that time, you’ll actually be able to meet the one year requirement. Just make sure your proof/work experience letter is dated after the 9th.

If you’re not yet ready to accept the ITA and are sure your points won’t dip, you can decline the ITA and wait for the next draw.

Aniee

Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for your response.

As per my understanding, the supporting documents are in accordance to ITA and any changes in my profile after the ITA date is not valid

So at present situation I recived ITA on 1st may hence my supporting document need to show my 1 year exp on 1st May to get green signal.

please correct me If i am wrong.

Divya.nair

Apr 22, 2020
According to my knowledge you cant change your joining date because it can reflect on your T4 or tax form right? If they check with your SIN number it can show you started working from june.Correct me if i am wrong.

Divya.nair

Apr 22, 2020
If you have more than 450 points i guess you can wait till june because this trend may continue till june end.

Aniee

Jan 23, 2018
If you have more than 450 points i guess you can wait till june because this trend may continue till june end.
Yea, I wanted to keep that as a last option. Just wanted to check if someone else has been through the same situation like receiving ITA before 1 month of completing 1 year Canadian experience. Since the express entry pool took my experience from June 2019 to May 2020 as 1 year.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
As per my understanding, the supporting documents are in accordance to ITA and any changes in my profile after the ITA date is not valid
Oh right. Just try to decline and wait til the next draw. Because they do assess whether you met the criteria at the time of ITA.

Reactions: Aniee