+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - IRCC - Statutory question - VISA refusal from any other country

Talk2veer

Jul 19, 2021
Hi guys,

I am in Singapore for the past 10 years. I applied for Singapore Permanent Residence twice (in 2015/2019) and my applications were unsuccessful. Now that I have received ITA from Canada IRCC and filing my ITA application, I encountered the below question.

Has the applicant been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Should I enter "YES" and provide my Singapore PR unsuccessful details or "NO" since this Statutory sections is focussed more on criminal/war/legal/serious refusal questions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Veer.

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
From what I know, withholding past visa refusals (for whatever reason) is considered misrepresentation and leads to a refusal of your application if discovered during the background check. I've seen many posts on the forum of people getting approved for their PR even with refused visas on their record. My advice would be to not withhold this information in your application.

Reactions: Talk2veer

Mapletree555

Feb 18, 2024
Hi guys,

I am in Singapore for the past 10 years. I applied for Singapore Permanent Residence twice (in 2015/2019) and my applications were unsuccessful. Now that I have received ITA from Canada IRCC and filing my ITA application, I encountered the below question.

Has the applicant been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Should I enter "YES" and provide my Singapore PR unsuccessful details or "NO" since this Statutory sections is focussed more on criminal/war/legal/serious refusal questions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Veer.
Hi!
I am in the same shoes! May I know how does it go? Did you apply any Canadian temporary residence visa without declare it before?

Javedazimi850

Dec 3, 2023
Hi sir i am javedazimi form Afghanistan i am After about 28 months of waiting i don't have a Qatar visa because is not available may rescued to Canada Embassy change may Case in Qatar to Oman country because Oman visa os available in this time in her i sent this message to u because i am in bed station i am job list during this 28th manths i have home end children i am already don in lion