+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry invitation to apply (ITA) expiry questions

spletpeer

Sep 28, 2016
I was invited to apply for the express entry pool on July 11th and my invitation letters says:
You must submit a complete application before 09/10/2018 12:00AM UTC time if you want to apply for permanent residence.

1- Does this mean that my invitation is already expired? The reason I'm asking is that on the webpage it says: 0 days left to submit. But it "seems" that I could continue the application and also decline the application. Should I decline the application?
2- How can I re-apply and get into the pool again?
3- If I get into the pool again, do I have to do the medical again?

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I was invited to apply for the express entry pool on July 11th and my invitation letters says:
You must submit a complete application before 09/10/2018 12:00AM UTC time if you want to apply for permanent residence.

1- Does this mean that my invitation is already expired? The reason I'm asking is that on the webpage it says: 0 days left to submit. But it "seems" that I could continue the application and also decline the application. Should I decline the application?
2- How can I re-apply and get into the pool again?
3- If I get into the pool again, do I have to do the medical again?
lets go 1 by 1.

1. yes your timeline has expired.
2. once its off, you automatically go back to pool, just double check if need to define ITA.
3. nope.. you med is valid for 1 year

spletpeer

Sep 28, 2016
lets go 1 by 1.

1. yes your timeline has expired.
2. once its off, you automatically go back to pool, just double check if need to define ITA.
3. nope.. you med is valid for 1 year

Thank you very much for your response.

In the letter it says: If you fail to take action your Invitation to Apply will expire and your profile will not be considered for future invitations. If you later decide that you wish to be considered in future rounds of invitation, you will need to submit a new Express Entry profile, meet minimum requirements and register with Job Bank if applicable.

I'm a bit confused about what an Express Entry profile is. Does it mean a new GCkey? Or in my account should I start an application (Apply to come to Canada)?

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
You need to create a new profile under the same gc key and get back on the pool if the invitation expires.
this man is right...my boy

tgraham

Mar 22, 2022
Hello. I'm in a situation similar to this. I was in my profile making the final changes and didn't realise the expiry date ticked over (I was actually at the point where I was entering my credit card details to pay).
My credit card declined and I had to go back through. The "Continue Application" button was gone.
However, when I returned about an hour later, the button had returned. I was able to complete the profile and pay the fee. I have received a latter saying the profile has been received and they will review the application. My profile says my PR Application is in the "Submitted" state.
If the ITA expired, would there have been a notification/letter in my IRCC account stating this?