+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Interview Invitation

soumenabhi

Apr 17, 2018
Dear all,
I applied for express entry over 6 months ago and this morning I got an email which is an invitation for an interview. As far as I know that CIC never request for an interview for express entry. So does anybody has experienced this before? Looking forward to get some help about this interview

soumenabhi

Apr 17, 2018
Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on: March 7, 2019 at 1:00 PM. Please be prepared to wait up to 2.5 hours as interviews are conducted in order of arrival.
And then asked for few documents to bring such as passport, work permit, proof of payment etc. and I am in Canada so i don't think it will be my landing interview

soumenabhi

Apr 17, 2018
That is your landing interview.
Congrats
But I am already in Canada. I know a guy who got permanent residency while he was living in Canada. He had to go to boarder for landing interview. but they have asked me to go to their Edmonton office. I live in Edmonton actually.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
It's basically completing the landing process at an IRCC office instead of at the border. Not really an interview. It's very common for inland applicants.
Bring everything they ask for. And relax. You are almost done

Reactions: soumenabhi

jamnam

Oct 15, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-04-2019
I hope you are right. Thank you so much for your support
What was your interview like? I also received this same interview request for the Edmonton office. I think its the landing interview but I want to be sure.

soumenabhi

Apr 17, 2018
What was your interview like? I also received this same interview request for the Edmonton office. I think its the landing interview but I want to be sure.
It was straight forward. They will ask you some questions such as have you ever been convicted before?, denied to enter into Canada before? questions like these. Bring all the required documents with you. Try to be there early. My serial was 9 and I went there half an hour early. Interview will take 5 min. Best of luck

Kiva2014

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
It was straight forward. They will ask you some questions such as have you ever been convicted before?, denied to enter into Canada before? questions like these. Bring all the required documents with you. Try to be there early. My serial was 9 and I went there half an hour early. Interview will take 5 min. Best of luck
What documents do we need to take with us? All documents that we uploaded to the website?

AvneetKaur14

Oct 14, 2018
Hi All, we applied for express entry in November 2018 and have been waiting since then.Today I got an email for an interview on Sept 3, but the location is in Ottawa. Email says the interview is been set and we need to get all papers there..How is this possible. How do we get through airport as we dont have tourist visa....We have to make plans in next days to fly there????? Does anyone been there.. We are freaking out ..

CMCB

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi All, we applied for express entry in November 2018 and have been waiting since then.Today I got an email for an interview on Sept 3, but the location is in Ottawa. Email says the interview is been set and we need to get all papers there..How is this possible. How do we get through airport as we dont have tourist visa....We have to make plans in next days to fly there????? Does anyone been there.. We are freaking out ..
What was your outcome?

mkotia

Jan 21, 2020
I got the same email. Do they take your passport for visa or anything or they return it back same day. As i am planning to travel next day after interview.