+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Inquiry - Spouse

Mina W

Nov 30, 2019
Hi, I would like to inquire about the application of Express Entry. My fiance is a primary applicant and he would sponsor me. Here are a few questions.

1. My fiance and I are planning to get married in Jan 2020. He already created a profile for the application and his estimated scores are satisfactory. His ECA will be received with a week. Is it possible to submit the application as a MARRIED person (even though our wedding is Jan 2020) first once he got the ECA report? The reason I asked this question is that when we are asked to apply for a PR, at that moment, we would already become a spouse.

2. For my IELTS results, where can I put on his application?

3. As I will receive my ECA report in Feb/Mar 2020, can I add this to his application once he submitted it?

Many thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I would like to inquire about the application of Express Entry. My fiance is a primary applicant and he would sponsor me. Here are a few questions.

1. My fiance and I are planning to get married in Jan 2020. He already created a profile for the application and his estimated scores are satisfactory. His ECA will be received with a week. Is it possible to submit the application as a MARRIED person (even though our wedding is Jan 2020) first once he got the ECA report? The reason I asked this question is that when we are asked to apply for a PR, at that moment, we would already become a spouse.

3. As I will receive my ECA report in Feb/Mar 2020, can I add this to his application once he submitted it?

Many thanks!
1. No. You have to wait until you are actually married.
2. Nowhere. Again, you have to wait until you are actually married.
3. Yes - once you are married and have been added to his application.

Mina W

Nov 30, 2019
1. No. You have to wait until you are actually married.
2. Nowhere. Again, you have to wait until you are actually married.
3. Yes - once you are married and have been added to his application.
Thank you for the reply.

Noted. I will wait until we are actually married then. For question 2, I still have a question. As I will get my IELTS results with 2 weeks, can I add my results to his application (once we got married)? Are there any places for me to put my IELTS results and ECA report date before I submit his application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Many thanks!
Note that if you marry before he submits his PR app, his CRS will be recalculated. Ensure that he still meets the ITA cut-off.

Reactions: scylla

Mina W

Nov 30, 2019
Note that if you marry before he submits his PR app, his CRS will be recalculated. Ensure that he still meets the ITA cut-off.
Thanks for that. Did you mean his CRS will be recalculated once we are invited to apply for PR? Just wanted to clarify. However, can I submit my IELTS results when I created the EE profile for him as a primary applicant?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for that. Did you mean his CRS will be recalculated once we are invited to apply for PR? Just wanted to clarify. However, can I submit my IELTS results when I created the EE profile for him as a primary applicant?
If he receives an ITA before you are married and then you get married before he applies for PR, his score will be recalculated at that time. If he no longer meets the cut-off for the ITA with you as a dependent, he will not be able to use that ITA.

If you are married, he can include your information in his profile.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Do you already live together as de facto? As if so you can apply together and your score including your IELTS will count, and the dependent will be the same so the CRS score won't change.