+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in Quebec applying for Citizenship

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I do not believe that landing in Quebec could lead to the cancellation of the PR status if you do not have the physical means to prove that you will continue towards the ROC.

I personally know 3 EE immigrants who landed at the Montreal airport and continued to Ontario by bus. 1 of them settled finally at Montreal.

Well, this is what I mentioned. "If you land in Quebec directly after getting a PR visa, I believe the officer will likely question you as to why you are in Quebec right away (unless you have an onward ticket to a place outside Quebec". Here is a post (from the forum) that talks something about this. All the 3 EE immigrants that you know had an onward ticket outside of the province and one of them "finally" settled in Montreal. See, that's the key. You are NOT a PR when you arrive at the airport. You become a PR AFTER you meet with an immigration officer, answer their questions - COPR is signed and dated. Once this is done, you are free to leave the airport and buy a house in Montreal - no one cares.

The Canada border agency is a federal agency. The immigration officer does not work for any province but for the
Canada. The story of compulsory Landing outside Quebec is an urban legend probably amplified by the stress and anxieties of some EE applicants.

Again, I have seen several EE applicants land in Quebec WITH an onward ticket outside the province. Usually, new residents who took the EE route do NOT land in Quebec unless they have an onward ticket. The EE applicants you know all had onward tickets.

It is also the same story for the provincial nominees who change province. Never seen nor heard any story of denial of citizenship.

For this, the officer can potentially refuse admission and this is NOT some grey area. Certainly, this doesn't happen frequently and many people still use PNP programs as a backdoor entry into Canada. Take a look at this . Again, this boils down to what I have mentioned above - You are NOT a PR until the immigration officer is satisfied with the information you provide. Once you are admitted as a Permanent Resident in Canada, Mobility Rights protects you.

Of course, there is a condition linked to the fact that by completing the EE application, you agree to settle outside Quebec, but it remains a moral contract that does not have the force of law. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is a legal document greater than any box you thick during the EE application.

Once the PR is validated, do as the Romans in Rome do.

Fayce87

Jun 30, 2019
My contacts were never questioned about their intentions and had no proof that they were going to leave Quebec.

The one who settled in Quebec, has never physically set foot outside Quebec since the landing.

The obligation to do the landing procedure outside of Quebec is only a myth.

Vibicesss87

May 25, 2022
My contacts were never questioned about their intentions and had no proof that they were going to leave Quebec.

The one who settled in Quebec, has never physically set foot outside Quebec since the landing.

The obligation to do the landing procedure outside of Quebec is only a myth.
Undless discussion...