+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

nabeelRana

Jul 22, 2017
Hello frndz,
I am new on the forum. I need help for assessment.
I am eligible for express entry visa.

I need to start from Assessment. My degree is Master in Information Technology from Pakistan.
Which assessment body will be suitable for assessment plz guide me and what doc i need for it.

Thanks,
any kind of help will be appreciated.

mbbsengr

Jul 15, 2017
Dear experienced forum members,
Greetings !

I'm planning to apply for the Permanent Residency under Express Entry(Federal Skilled Worker) after 4-5 months. Meanwhile, I am resigning from my job and traveling to some the country other than my country of citizenship. I worked for my company for around 4 years and I'll be resign and leave my hometown country.

In the light of above scenario, please guide me about obtaining the letter for PROOF OF FUNDS from the bank; as the account opening date needs to be mentioned ; plus the average six months balance; plus the overall required amount in CAD dollars need to be mentioned by the bank. In my case; I am planning to transfer all my savings with me to the country where I'll be residing permanently. So I'll travel to that country and will apply for the opening the bank account and will get the required certificate from that country.

My question is that; Can I proceed with this ? because , I was worried as the opening date is gonna be fresh ( not the date when I started working ) and also the Bank balance certificate is gonna be from the country where I didn't work and didn't live either. SO please guide me if I can proceed with such background.. However; I'll be only applying for the Balance certificate after opening my account after six months... Please advice !

batrap

Jun 2, 2014
Hi all
I am 38 yrs old with a five year old daughter. My husband expired on two months back on 28th May 2017. His brother is a Canadian citizen , can i available those fifteen points for sibling...
Coz it says ur spouse should accompany you ..
I want to avail those points so please suggest a way
Regards
Prerna

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi all
I am 38 yrs old with a five year old daughter. My husband expired on two months back on 28th May 2017. His brother is a Canadian citizen , can i available those fifteen points for sibling...
Regards
Prerna
Hi Prerna, sorry to hear about your loss.

You can avail 15 points if your brother is a Canadian citizen. But from what I understand from your post, your brother in law is a Canadian citizen. I don't think you can claim points for in laws.

Good luck.

Sadaf Ali

Jul 20, 2017
<<< This post is straight from my blog. I thought it would be better to have a copy on the forum too>>>

I wanted to write this post for people who are planning to apply for Permanent Residence in Canada through the Express Entry system. This post would serve as a guide and explain what the process is like, what to expect and what NOT to do when you apply.

Hey thanks for putting so much effort into this. I am sure this thread will be guide me a lot. I have been confused whether I should invest in hiring a lawyer or apply myself. But now after reading this detailed note, I feel comfortably doing it myself.
Cheers

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hey thanks for putting so much effort into this. I am sure this thread will be guide me a lot. I have been confused whether I should invest in hiring a lawyer or apply myself. But now after reading this detailed note, I feel comfortably doing it myself.
Cheers
Hi,

You indeed can do it on your own. The majority of people on this forum have, are or will be doing it on their own. So if your are willing to put in time and effort you can definitely do it.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Prerna, sorry to hear about your loss.

You can avail 15 points if your brother is a Canadian citizen. But from what I understand from your post, your brother in law is a Canadian citizen. I don't think you can claim points for in laws.

Good luck.
Hi all
Regards
Prerna
Hi,

What do you mean by your husband "expired on"?

Based on the instruction below, you can actually claim point for your spouse's sibling in Canada.

"
Points for sibling in Canada
31 (1)
Fifteen points may be assigned to a foreign national if either they or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has at least one sibling who is

• (a) 18 years or older;
  • (b) a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; and
  • (c) living in Canada.
Clarification

(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), a sibling of a foreign national or of the foreign national’s accompanying spouse or common-law partner is the biological or adoptive child of

• (a) their father or their mother;
  • (b) their father’s or mother’s spouse; or
  • (c) their father’s or mother’s common-law partner."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear experienced forum members,
Greetings !

I'm planning to apply for the Permanent Residency under Express Entry(Federal Skilled Worker) after 4-5 months. Meanwhile, I am resigning from my job and traveling to some the country other than my country of citizenship. I worked for my company for around 4 years and I'll be resign and leave my hometown country.

In the light of above scenario, please guide me about obtaining the letter for PROOF OF FUNDS from the bank; as the account opening date needs to be mentioned ; plus the average six months balance; plus the overall required amount in CAD dollars need to be mentioned by the bank. In my case; I am planning to transfer all my savings with me to the country where I'll be residing permanently. So I'll travel to that country and will apply for the opening the bank account and will get the required certificate from that country.

My question is that; Can I proceed with this ? because , I was worried as the opening date is gonna be fresh ( not the date when I started working ) and also the Bank balance certificate is gonna be from the country where I didn't work and didn't live either. SO please guide me if I can proceed with such background.. However; I'll be only applying for the Balance certificate after opening my account after six months... Please advice !
Hi,

This is perfectly fine. You are allowed to show POF from any bank/country in the world as there is no requirement for it to be from your country of origin.
For peace of mind, you can mention this move in your LOE; and if there is a significant difference between your current and average balances, you can show evidence of the transfer of funds.

All the best mate

Reactions: mbbsengr

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hello frndz,
I am new on the forum. I need help for assessment.
I am eligible for express entry visa.

I need to start from Assessment. My degree is Master in Information Technology from Pakistan.
Which assessment body will be suitable for assessment plz guide me and what doc i need for it.

Thanks,
any kind of help will be appreciated.
Hi,

For you to be eligible you will first need to take the IELTS-GENERAL test and have your Educational credentials assessed. I recommend you use WES as it is highly regarded: http://www.wes.org/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

Also read through page 1 of this thread.

Regards

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi,

What do you mean by your husband "expired on"?

Based on the instruction below, you can actually claim point for your spouse's sibling in Canada.

"
Points for sibling in Canada
31 (1)
Fifteen points may be assigned to a foreign national if either they or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner has at least one sibling who is

• (a) 18 years or older;
  • (b) a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; and
  • (c) living in Canada.
Clarification

(2) For the purpose of subsection (1), a sibling of a foreign national or of the foreign national’s accompanying spouse or common-law partner is the biological or adoptive child of

• (a) their father or their mother;
  • (b) their father’s or mother’s spouse; or
  • (c) their father’s or mother’s common-law partner."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

All the best
Thanks for your inputs, Tanaka.

The lady has lost her husband. I didn't know that she could claim points for her husband's brother, who's a Canadian citizen, in her current situation.

Regards.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks for your inputs, Tanaka.

The lady has lost her husband. I didn't know that she could claim points for her husband's brother, who's a Canadian citizen, in her current situation.

Regards.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. In that case, I also do not know whether she would still be awarded the points. This is certainly a unique case which may need legal guidance.

regards

Sadaf Ali

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

You indeed can do it on your own. The majority of people on this forum have, are or will be doing it on their own. So if your are willing to put in time and effort you can definitely do it.

All the best
Thanks for your input too. I am glad to see lots of people are investing great amount of time both in understanding the process and guiding newbies!
Cheers

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
hello everyone,

I submitted my PR file on 7th July and got medically cleared on 21st July. When I submitted the application I was not employed as my job is a contractual one that starts in July mid every year and ends in April. So officially I was unemployed at the time of file submission that I mentioned in the LOE. I also work as a part-time freelance web designer for which I did not claim any point, that is again mentioned in the LOE. now, this week I started my job again. do I have to inform the CIC regarding this job? If yes, then what is the procedure to inform CIC about it?

Regards,
Preet.

reye27

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hi all
Regards
Prerna
Hi Prerna

I'm deeply sorry. As said above your case is very unique and I haven't read anything on CIC's website for such a scenario. If feasible for you, can you post your issue here in this (https://chat.whatsapp.com/Dc0wrRuMRBrEJBC1il3EDO) whatsapp group? The moderator of this group can help you.

Regards.

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My AOR is 30th March 2017
Medicals passed 2nd June
BG changed to IP1 from NA on 3rd June
BG changed to NA on 18th June
Docs section changed to "No additional documents required" on 14th July

Since then there has been no change in BG status to IP2 or NA, should we be worried or is it OK. I was concerned as lot of April AOR and even some from may have received PPR.

Me and my wife do have a lot of travel history and all together we had to submit 7 PCC for both of us from India, Sri Lanka, UK and USA. Do you think this could be reason for delay in our application?

Please do let us know your opinion and any action that we should take, it has been 116 days since AOR.

Thanks in advance.