+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

nkkumar

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi i filled out the express entry form on 4th of march and did not get any update regarding the OINP - and my score is 433.

Len

Apr 28, 2013
Stanlee said:
Login and go to 'View my submitted applications or profiles' and click on 'Check Status and Messages'. You will be taken to the next page where you can click 'View Submitted Application' at the bottom of the page, which will take you to the page which has details of your application with buttons 'Update Form'. The first section will show primary applicant's details and the second section will show dependent's details as given below.

Section I: (Primary Applicant's Name): Candidate Express Entry
Section II: (Dependent's Name): Candidate Express Entry

Under Section II, you will find 'Study and Languages'; click on 'Update Form' for this section, update the relevant details, save, transmit and exit.
Hi Stanlee,
I tried to update my profile based on a new language score, but could not for all the buttons are grayed out, even after clicking on view my application.
Also, there is no option to withdraw to re-register a new one since I was found ineligible based on my previous language score.
Please advise.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Len said:
Hi Stanlee,
I tried to update my profile based on a new language score, but could not for all the buttons are grayed out, even after clicking on view my application.
Also, there is no option to withdraw to re-register a new one since I was found ineligible based on my previous language score.
Please advise.
If you’ve been found not eligible, you will need to create a new profile. Please refer to the FAQs on this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1001&top=29

Budi

Jan 7, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding my PR application. I got a request to resend the schedule A form. However there is a part in the letter received that is a bit confusing and I am hoping someone can help me clarify. Below is the specific part

"You have answered yes to one or more questions in the section of the form called Statutory
Questions; you must provide an explanation for these specific questions in the Additional Details
section"

What statutory questions are they referring to?

Also I have recently moved to a different country of residence, the schedule A is request for my address history till present. Should I disclose my change in location? And would that affect my application in any way?

Once again thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hi
I'm in a bit of a pickle cause I'm almost done with my Permanent Residency application. My question is about the last section in "Personal History" which is called "statutory questions" and there is a question: "Has (name) ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?".
Before I came to Canada I applied for tourist visa to US to be able to go visit my friends from the states. I was going to Canada with an interview set up 2 days after my arrival (got the job 3 years ago and still working there with another WP based on LMO). So I applied for US visa (having 4 student US visas in my passport already) and before I went to Canada in 2013 I had an interview in US embassy in my country. I didn't get that tourist US visa and the US consul told me that it is not going to be a problem and I need to apply again in Canada once I find a job (obviously the interview wasn't enough). I got the job two days after I arrived and after about one year I applied for US tourist visa again cause I wanted to go to my friends wedding in New Hampshire. I got the US tourist visa without any problems and it's good to go until 2024. My question is: Do I need to answer YES when they ask me "Has (name) ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?". Is it going to effect my PR process in any way?

Thank you

Smela

Mar 17, 2016
nkkumar said:
Hi i filled out the express entry form on 4th of march and did not get any update regarding the OINP - and my score is 433.
Hello there,
Hope you are good, actually i am new here so don't know many people. Saw your post, so thought if you could be of any help to me, Hello Everyone,
Hope you all are doing good. I am new to this forum and i need help. Can someone please help me? I deleted and updated the EE profile and but when i try to validate it with job bank its continuously gives me an error,
It says "technical error try again later" and its been almost 3 weeks now that i am facing this issue?
Did you face any such issue?
Or do you have any idea how can I fix it

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Johny Bravo said:
Hi
I'm in a bit of a pickle cause I'm almost done with my Permanent Residency application. My question is about the last section in "Personal History" which is called "statutory questions" and there is a question: "Has (name) ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?".
Before I came to Canada I applied for tourist visa to US to be able to go visit my friends from the states. I was going to Canada with an interview set up 2 days after my arrival (got the job 3 years ago and still working there with another WP based on LMO). So I applied for US visa (having 4 student US visas in my passport already) and before I went to Canada in 2013 I had an interview in US embassy in my country. I didn't get that tourist US visa and the US consul told me that it is not going to be a problem and I need to apply again in Canada once I find a job (obviously the interview wasn't enough). I got the job two days after I arrived and after about one year I applied for US tourist visa again cause I wanted to go to my friends wedding in New Hampshire. I got the US tourist visa without any problems and it's good to go until 2024. My question is: Do I need to answer YES when they ask me "Has (name) ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?". Is it going to effect my PR process in any way?

Thank you
I am guessing this is indeed a 221 (g) refusal. Yes, to be on the safe side, you have to declare it, and then explain it (and that you consequently were granted a visa) in an LoE or by filling out a Schedule A form that you will upload in the LoE slot.
It won't affect your PR process in any way.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sagheero said:
Is there any chance a score of 428 can be called up in this year?

Because most rounds have been 450+
All rounds have been 450 +. The scores have never ever gone below 450. IMO, it is very unlikely for the score to drop that much ever.

sagheero

Dec 8, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
All rounds have been 450 +. The scores have never ever gone below 450. IMO, it is very unlikely for the score to drop that much ever.
So my best bet is to go for a provincial nomination or hope for an elusive job offer?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sagheero said:
So my best bet is to go for a provincial nomination or hope for an elusive job offer?
The former is more practical, IMO. If you don't have a CLB-9 yet in IELTS (LRWS 8777), you can try and get that. This will improve your score.

sagheero

Dec 8, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
The former is more practical, IMO. If you don't have a CLB-9 yet in IELTS (LRWS 8777), you can try and get that. This will improve your score.
I got a CLB9 in IELTS. I scored well for experience and education also. But I have no points for wife. If I do get WES for her degree (4yrs bachelor equivalent) and she writes IELTS, that may bump up the score max 15-20 right?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sagheero said:
I got a CLB9 in IELTS. I scored well for experience and education also. But I have no points for wife. If I do get WES for her degree (4yrs bachelor equivalent) and she writes IELTS, that may bump up the score max 15-20 right?
The maximum you can get for spouse ECA and IELTS is 10 and 20.

Dec 23, 2015
hello friends, i have a query kindly help, i am the primary applicant and my husband is on student visa in canada,after i recieve an ita do i need a pcc and medicals for him again as he had done them in august 2015. and his student visa is valid till sep 2016. i m very sure i will get a ita before that. kindly help.