+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
have a question - I have an immigration consultant representing me - so will I be getting the email or it is the consultant? I have provided my email on the application form.

pobox4vg

Mar 8, 2016
Now I have two quarries ,

1 ) What if I apply & I am selected ,then I can come to Canada & can return to Tanzania ,after an application for PR ,
Will CIC will send my PR card to Tanzania or CIC can send it to my friend's address , & then my friend send it to me .

As my work permit is just renewed and I need a break to study for further for PEBC exams .
If I get PR ,I want to return to Tanzania ,want to continue my job after after 1 year I want to re-enter to Canada .

So Is it OK for them ,Immigration dept will allow me to travel ?
My PR status will be valid even if I enter again after 1 and half year afterwards ?

2 ) If I apply without Spouse ,my points are almost 458 (CLB 9 in Ielts ) (99+135+124+50+50)

So is it possible that I can apply for PR for my wife & for my child afterwards ,after getting PR of mine ?
How much time it will take for that ?

JKanwar

Mar 8, 2016
Re: Express Entry in a nutshell - Help Please

Hello,

Thank you for your post on Express Entry. It is very comprehensive!!!

I have question about reference letters from employers:

I had four - five jobs in last ten years (as permanent and temporary contract). One of the employers were taken over by another company, hence I am unable to obtain the reference from them. Others as they were temporary contracts and no longer in touch with the companies - Do I still need the reference letters.

I do the appointment letters and job description for all the jobs. Will these be accepted by CIC?

Any suggestion or advice??? Help please!!!

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

pfernandes

Feb 15, 2016
Could anyone advise me if the NOC makes any difference in the ultimate selection or are all NOCs the same? Does the case officer have any discretion, i.e. can he reject even if we meet all points and are complete on documentation?

adilkhan31

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. I have a question regarding my wife's PCC from Qatar.
My wife came to Qatar on a visit visa in Dec 2014. Her Qatar Residence was stamped in Apr 2015. The authorities have issued her PCC from Apr 2015 onwards. They say they don't cover the period (from Dec 2014 till Apr 2015) when she was a visitor not resident.
Will this be a problem?

akubilly

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
In fact, you do not need a consultant/agent to help you, the whole process is quite straight forward and forums like these are very helpful. The collective knowledge and awareness of the members on this forum far exceeds that of the consultants. In fact, some of the consultants get their answers from forums like these. If I were you, I would instead use that money for my nomination and other migration related fees.

If you follow this forum, you will be in a position to do everything on your own. Most of your questions would already have been answered by many experienced people on this forum and still if you feel that there is a blocker, post your question here, I am sure, people will be more than willing to help you. In the end the decision is yours, if you have the money and willing to hire an agent, you can google and find the best in India. But after everything is done, you will feel, you paid them to you tell you things which are easily available on OINP sites, forums like these etc.

You can refer to the following links which would be of help to you.

IELTS plays a very important role in boosting your CRS score. Ideally getting CLB 9 in IELTS (LRWS 8777) will give you the best points, You can try these values in the calculators here and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score.

All the best!
Hello Stanlee,

Thanks for your help always.
My question is on the POF, am wondering if a severance benefit can serve as a proof of fund. A severance benefit is money my employer gives to employee (it follows a calculation/pattern) after resignation or when you are dropped (headcount/no longer in their employment), but one can only access this money when you resign and in my place of work its roughly 30days for this money to get to your account after resignation. I have quite enough in severance benefit but not accessible to me as am still in their employment. So do you have any idea if CIC have accepted such as POF from any successful candidate? Thanks in earnest.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
akubilly said:
Hello Stanlee,

Thanks for your help always.
My question is on the POF, am wondering if a severance benefit can serve as a proof of fund. A severance benefit is money my employer gives to employee (it follows a calculation/pattern) after resignation or when you are dropped (headcount/no longer in their employment), but one can only access this money when you resign and in my place of work its roughly 30days for this money to get to your account after resignation. I have quite enough in severance benefit but not accessible to me as am still in their employment. So do you have any idea if CIC have accepted such as POF from any successful candidate? Thanks in earnest.
In my opinion, if you have proof to support your claim (company policy/employment contract which states the same and the proof of the current accumulated balance), then it should be good since you will get the money 30 days from your date of resignation. But, I am not sure what is CIC's stand on the same.

This is similar to the case of Provident Fund, for example in India, you can withdraw the whole amount after you have resigned and you will get the proceeds credited to your account in 90 days.

In case this is going to be your main proof of funds, then you can get all documents along with a Letter of Explanation stating your case. However, I would still suggest to show some other proof of funds like savings account balance, fixed deposits etc, where the funds unencumbered and readily transferable. May be you can take a second opinion on the same.

akubilly

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
In my opinion, if you have proof to support your claim (company policy/employment contract which states the same and the proof of the current accumulated balance), then it should be good since you will get the money 30 days from your date of resignation. But, I am not sure what is CIC's stand on the same.

This is similar to the case of Provident Fund, for example in India, you can withdraw the whole amount after you have resigned and you will get the proceeds credited to your account in 90 days.

In case this is going to be your main proof of funds, then you can get all documents along with a Letter of Explanation stating your case. However, I would still suggest to show some other proof of funds like savings account balance, fixed deposits etc, where the funds unencumbered and readily transferable. May be you can take a second opinion on the same.
Thanks Stanlee.

I will still sample this opinion further just to see if I can find any successful candidate that went through this part successfully.

thanks again for your rapid response.

aopu

Mar 8, 2016
Hi,

I'm a new member of the group...found the details shared by Mr. Raj Kamal Mohan to b e very helpful.

have created EE profile but have not submitted it...need some clarity/ Suggestion on the Work experience front.

My wife is the PA in our express entry profile her work experince thing is sorted as she ahs worked in only two cmpanies and the job responsibilities of both the companies are falling under the same NOC code.

I have worked in 3 organisations over the past 7 years...all the NOC codes of my jobs are not exactly the same. was able to determine the NOC code of my current job and have filled it...but dont know what will the HR of my previous organisation will quote as my job responsibilities.

also out of my 7 years of work ex, 4 years is with the present employer.

so should i show all my previous employers and collect Job Description letter from them or should i show just my present employer with whom i have 4 years of work ex.

please suggest and guide.

thanks in advance !!

Feb 25, 2016
Question related to WORK EXPERIENCE - While you fill out EE Online Application, it asks if we have at least 2 Years of Work experience in the past 10 Years. It also says it has to be continuous and of same occupation.

My profile : -

Worked for 1 Year 9 months then did Masters in U.S and then worked for another Year. Does it mean I can claim 2 Years of experience although I had my 2 Years of MS degree in between?

Thanks.

ravigyarala

Mar 8, 2016
_Aspirant said:
Still waiting for some answers from experts.... :(
Hello Sirs,

I am new to this process of Canadian Immigration under ExpressEntry. I have taken IELTS and Got 7 as score. I am applying for PR.
I got married, my wife has done her B-tech

Mine:
1). Masters in computer application, from Osmania university,Hyderabad
2). Bachelor of science, from Osmania university
3). SSC and Intermediate from erst while Andhra pradesh state board.

My Wife:
1). Bachelors in Technology, from Osmania university

I have following queries:
1). Should I get ECA done for all my qualifications including (Graduation,PostGraduation,10 and 10+2)?? you know getting transcripts for 10 and 10+2 is difficult.
OR is it OK ECA done for Graduation and Post-graduation??
2). I am not doing ECA for my wife and she is not attempting to write IELTS, is it OK?

Please help me clear my doubts.
Thanks,
Rgyarala

DSWalia

Mar 6, 2016
@Rgyarala

ECA would be required for post secondary cources.. grads nd post prads would do.

If you dont want to claim points for ur wife.. i believe ECA nd IELTS wont b required for her..

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ravigyarala said:
Hello Sirs,

I am new to this process of Canadian Immigration under ExpressEntry. I have taken IELTS and Got 7 as score. I am applying for PR.
I got married, my wife has done her B-tech

Mine:
1). Masters in computer application, from Osmania university,Hyderabad
2). Bachelor of science, from Osmania university

My Wife:
1). Bachelors in Technology, from Osmania university

I have following queries:
1). Should I get ECA done for all my qualifications including (Graduation,PostGraduation,10 and 10+2)?? you know getting transcripts for 10 and 10+2 is difficult.
OR is it OK ECA done for Graduation and Post-graduation??

Yes, graduation and post graduation is fine, no need for 10+2 etc. WES does not charge by the number of degrees that you get assessed by them. So it would be advisable to send them all the degrees/diplomas that you have from Bachelors onwards (though the requirement is to get only your highest foreign degree assessed). For example, if you have a Bachelors plus Masters and WES assesses it as Masters, then you get more points and in the worst case, if they accept your Bachelors and treat your Masters as a diploma, you can still select 'two or more degree where one is at least 3 years or more'. This will give you more points when compared to just getting your Bachelors or diploma assessed individually.

2). I am not doing ECA for my wife and she is not attempting to write IELTS, is it OK?

ECA and IELTS for spouse is optional. In case you want to claim points for your spouse you can get these done, you can score up to a maximum of 30 points (10 for education and 20 for IELTS).

Please help me clear my doubts.
Thanks,
Rgyarala

kafacan

Mar 9, 2016
Hello,

I have just submitted my EE profile and I think I made something wrong about my spouse. Since she is not taking IELTS and ECA, I didnt fill in the part about spouse. Therefore I receipt points for without-spouse. Although I mentioned in my personel profile information about my spouse, is it fraud? should I withdraw my profile and update it ?

Thank you in advance

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kafacan said:
Hello,

I have just submitted my EE profile and I think I made something wrong about my spouse. Since she is not taking IELTS and ECA, I didnt fill in the part about spouse. Therefore I receipt points for without-spouse. Although I mentioned in my personel profile information about my spouse, is it fraud? should I withdraw my profile and update it ?

Thank you in advance
No, you do not have to withdraw your profile, but you can update information about your spouse and transmit the same. You will have to mention that she is accompanying you (if she is). For ECA and IELTS you can mention or select the dropdown which says it has not been done.