+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry from within Quebec

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I have read various cases where the candidate applied from Quebec and some were rejected despite having strong cause to move out of Quebec after completion of their education and some were not. I am trying to find the list of people in similar situation and what their outcomes were.
My husband and I are in a tight spot right now. He is enrolled for Ph.D. in Concordia University, we have no french qualification, we intend to move out of Quebec once his Ph.D. is done if we get the PR. we have our ITA and all the documents. the IRCC hotline advised us to decline our invitation while strongly suggesting there are ways out of it.
I want to know what kinds of reason others in a similar position have put in the letter of intent that got the application accepted or rejected.
If you have anything to contribute, it would be much appreciated, we barely have any time till the deadline and really can find no way out.
Thanks

Tonima

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
But the application deadline after an ITA is 90 days. It should be enough time to move out of the province, and apply under a different address.
It was not possible for us to move until my husbands phd was over. It was too much of an inconvenience.