+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry from Quebec

anand1777

May 2, 2020
Hi Guys. I have a very noob question. I have been working in Montreal for more than two years and I am on a work permit. I am sure there must be a thread somewhere on this but I wasn't able to find one. I have decent enough points to apply for express entry and I also have a brother who is a citizen and living in Toronto.
Can someone please suggest if it is worthwhile submitting the application and what is the probability of the application being accepted. From what I have heard, applications from applicants living or who have stayed in Quebec gets rejected because Federal wants those applicants to go through CSQ.

Reactions: ssup2406

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
I personally know people who have immigrated through express entry while staying in quebec. However you need to convince the visa officer that you will leave quebec. In some cases, they even ask for strong evidence.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Are you interested in relocating to another province in Canada or remaining in Quebec? If you want to stay in Quebec you need a CSQ, if you want to move then you can just apply through EE for permanent residence, once you receive an ITA.

The problem arises when someone who is currently living and working in Quebec applies for PR through EE, when they don't have a CSQ even though they want to move elsewhere in Canada outside of Quebec.

The reason being that you seem like the kind of person who is applying at the federal level but then will remain in Quebec once you have obtained your PR. And of course in order for you to do that legitimately, you need a CSQ from Quebec.

We're seeing more and more cases of people getting PFLs because of this. In that case, it's usually better to move elsewhere before submitting your application, or providing evidence that you will relocate such as signing a lease agreement, having mail with an address outside quebec, securing a job in another province, and so on.

Especially with Quebec's current provincial government, they are cracking down on people remaining there without a CSQ.

Aman1212

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Are you interested in relocating to another province in Canada or remaining in Quebec? If you want to stay in Quebec you need a CSQ, if you want to move then you can just apply through EE for permanent residence, once you receive an ITA.

The problem arises when someone who is currently living and working in Quebec applies for PR through EE, when they don't have a CSQ even though they want to move elsewhere in Canada outside of Quebec.

The reason being that you seem like the kind of person who is applying at the federal level but then will remain in Quebec once you have obtained your PR. And of course in order for you to do that legitimately, you need a CSQ from Quebec.

We're seeing more and more cases of people getting PFLs because of this. In that case, it's usually better to move elsewhere before submitting your application, or providing evidence that you will relocate such as signing a lease agreement, having mail with an address outside quebec, securing a job in another province, and so on.

Especially with Quebec's current provincial government, they are cracking down on people remaining there without a CSQ.

Hello is it possible that someone moves to Hawkesbury Ontario and keeps working remotely for Montreal client but issues with the paystub location will Montreal address

dof13

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hi, did you submit your application for EE while living in Quebec? Did that work out well for you?

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi Guys. I have a very noob question. I have been working in Montreal for more than two years and I am on a work permit. I am sure there must be a thread somewhere on this but I wasn't able to find one. I have decent enough points to apply for express entry and I also have a brother who is a citizen and living in Toronto.
Can someone please suggest if it is worthwhile submitting the application and what is the probability of the application being accepted. From what I have heard, applications from applicants living or who have stayed in Quebec gets rejected because Federal wants those applicants to go through CSQ.
Hi,

did you finally apply to express entry?

anand1777

May 2, 2020
Hi, did you submit your application for EE while living in Quebec? Did that work out well for you?
Sorry, I missed this thread. I did apply in Nov 2020 and got my PR in July 2021. However, my case manager had called me to confirm on my intention to leave Quebec. I have moved to Ontario now.