+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for Semi-skilled (AINP)?

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I have been in Canada for just over a year on a semi-skilled TFW visa. My job is as Front Desk Agent/Clerk (Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association). My work permit covers me fro two years from entry date and on Oct 2015 will be two years. When I entered I was told by CBSA agent I could extend it two more years if I my employer approved it.

I know several things are changing in January due to the new Express Entry Program. Does anyone know how likely or unlikely it will be that this area will still be accepted?

Front desk agent/clerk (noc 6435)

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arespinoza said:
Hello everyone,

I have been in Canada for just over a year on a semi-skilled TFW visa. My job is as Front Desk Agent/Clerk (Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association). My work permit covers me fro two years from entry date and on Oct 2015 will be two years. When I entered I was told by CBSA agent I could extend it two more years if I my employer approved it.

I know several things are changing in January due to the new Express Entry Program. Does anyone know how likely or unlikely it will be that this area will still be accepted?

Front desk agent/clerk (noc 6435)
I think you should be able to apply Permanent residency through EE. However, we will just have to wait until we get official information about EE which I hope should be out soon.

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fastfood said:
I think you should be able to apply Permanent residency through EE. However, we will just have to wait until we get official information about EE which I hope should be out soon.
I agree, the suspense is killing me. Ill go crazy if my NOC is removed from the new EE.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
I am in the same situation too. I am a 3D Animator. I hope they have more eligible occupations in EE than FSW

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Express entry is for skilled workers only, sorry to let you know that...
You can read more here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-sheet.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Johnny123 @

I don't think so. If you have a valid job offer you can apply under PNP category. But still not sure about this since the CIC EE stated that a portion of PNP will be included. A portion of it. Maybe depends on provincial and territory nominee programs. My opinion only. Because it says that if you have job offer it is automatically lead you to PR in 6 months.

hamzawali

Nov 4, 2012
prashanthbv said:
I am in the same situation too. I am a 3D Animator. I hope they have more eligible occupations in EE than FSW
Hi,

I am a Graphic Art Technitian 5223 NOC in alberta. I am also wondering that Am i also be able to apply under the CEC in EE.

Let me know your story. Did you applied?

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Nebm31 said:
Johnny123 @

I don't think so. If you have a valid job offer you can apply under PNP category. But still not sure about this since the CIC EE stated that a portion of PNP will be included. A portion of it. Maybe depends on provincial and territory nominee programs. My opinion only. Because it says that if you have job offer it is automatically lead you to PR in 6 months.
That's why it says "a portion of PNP" - portion related to skilled workers. From the first link you can read "Employers can hire skilled foreign workers to meet their labour needs when they are unable to find Canadians or permanent residents to fill job vacancies."

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
johnny123 said:
That's why it says "a portion of PNP" - portion related to skilled workers. From the first link you can read "Employers can hire skilled foreign workers to meet their labour needs when they are unable to find Canadians or permanent residents to fill job vacancies."
PNP is not only for skilled worker. Remember. I can not able to post a link here. if i post a link, it will appear on my screen that i am prohibited. don;t know.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Nebm31 said:
PNP is not only for skilled worker. Remember. I can not able to post a link here. if i post a link, it will appear on my screen that i am prohibited. don;t know.
As I said, a portion of PNP. Portion of PNP which is for skilled workers will be eligible for EE, and a portion which is not for skilled workers won't. That's why they said a portion, instead of just PNP. Hope this makes it clear now.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
johnny123 said:
As I said, a portion of PNP. Portion of PNP which is for skilled workers will be eligible for EE, and a portion which is not for skilled workers won't. That's why they said a portion, instead of just PNP. Hope this makes it clear now.
REally? OK... I won't debate to you till EE 2015. Thanks.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is good not to debate on this topic until we get the official information regarding this. However, I believe that under EE PNP anyone is eligible if the candidate's occupation is in demand in that particulat province. So, basically anyone is eligible pretty much if the person has job then it is much easier.