+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for Nurses - RN & LPN

Dec 5, 2014
Hi,

Just wanted to create a space where we can possibly guide each other through the new Express Entry Program and the specific requirements for nurses. I will kick things off with some information IENs (Internationally Educated Nurses) might find useful:

1. As of Aug 12, 2014, your credentials will need to be assessed by NNAS (National Nursing Assesment Service). Their fee for a new applicant to any one provincial body is USD $650!!! :eek:
2. For their purposes, they only accept the ACADEMIC version of the IELTS exam. I called them to confirm this today. Minimum scores are:

Test Component IELTS Academic

Speaking 7.0
Listening 7.5
Reading 6.5
Writing 7.0

Overall 7.0

Hope this is helpful in some way to someone. All are welcome!
~RVD

Dabas B

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hi thanks

But to start working as Nurse in Canada, you need to

1.Clear IELTS Academic
2. NNAS Docs Verification
3. Apply in your interested province
4. They will assess your education level, if found ok then write NCLEX Exam, if not go for education course before writing NCLEX Exam

This whole process is different from PR process.For PR Process, again apply for IELTS General + ECA from WES + follow EE process
Its like doing same thing twice.Both are mandatory.
And as far as my calculation goes, if you start today and if everything goes write and in one attempt, u will be able on positive note in last quarter of 2015.

Whats your view Rift Valley

Dec 5, 2014
Dabas,

You have summed this up wonderfully..better than I ever could and I actually believe you are correct. So, if you are pursuing EE as a nurse:

• you do IELTS twice: General for Immigration, then Academic for NNAS
  • your credentials are assessed twice: first be WES, then by NNAS

When requesting transcripts from your university, it's probably best to get everything in sets of two: One for WES, one for NNAS.
All in all, this is a very time consuming and expensive process.

ctg

Mar 22, 2013
Hello. I am nurse in the philippineS. I am aware that i have to be licensed first in canada to get a job offer. I was wondering if i can apply as an LPN because i think it is much easier to get assessed by nnas to be an LPN than to be an RN which could take years as i read from blogs who are waiting for the OSCE Or CEHPEA assessment.

DaleJ

Dec 17, 2014
Hi,
You only require IELTS academic if English is not your first language and you were not taught or practiced in English. PR process is correct, however if you don't have a high CRS score you may not get ITA anytime soon.
Going through NNAS to get a job offer is kind of a back up because you can get a job, get a work permit and go to Canada, claim for Canadian experience and possibly get and LMIA to support your job and PR.

roops81

Feb 9, 2015
kwt
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
if God will
Nomination.....
if God will
AOR Received.
if God will
IELTS Request
if God will
File Transfer...
if God will
Med's Request
if God will
Med's Done....
if God will
Passport Req..
if God will
VISA ISSUED...
if God will
LANDED..........
if God will
@Dale j
I was checking in NNAS
they are asking for IELTS academic only if we were not taught in English rt what if we studied and working in English speaking environment is it exemption

evergreeny2k

Feb 3, 2015
Thank you for the info so far. I'm also working at becoming an LPN before my RN. So does this mean I have to wait for my LPN licence before applying? Then still do the IELTs general and Wes as well?

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
thank you for this infor

sk_ind_cad

Sep 3, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6th Jan 2016
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2016
Med's Done....
8th Jan 2016
Passport Req..
5th July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2016
Hi,

I have done my Bachelors and Masters in Nursing in India. I am working as a RN in a hospital for the past 3 years.

I am applying for Canada Express Entry. Already have Individual 7.5 in IElTS and WES Report also completed.

Now I am planning to apply. I am worried about how I will get job in Canada as a Nurse. Since I am not a registered Nurse in Canada/Province.

With out RN (Canada) how will I get job offer when my application is in the pool. Someone told me that I will get an Initial job offer as Nurse assistant, then once I am in Canada I have to write the registration exam to become RN. Is it true that Nurse assistant job will be offered initially without any registration.

I dont want to come to Canada and sit at home again to write my registration with out a job.

Please clear my doubts. Help needed.

Can someone explain the procedure and requirements and what exam to write to become RN in Canada and the cost as well.

Thank you.

Reactions: Sethulakshmi PT

wengertzz

Feb 9, 2014
wow.. it seems to me that Nursing is a business in CA as well..

so we'd better have a lot of money just for the process and application.. gezz.

tough luck...

Crystaldei

Aug 15, 2016
Hello guys, newbie here. I'm currently working on my application to Immigrate to Canada thru FSW. I worked as Staff Nurse here in KSA for about two years and I still have a month to gather all the docs that I'll be needing in my application to Canada. Can someone give me the list of papers and docs like Work Experience Certificate and etc. to be gathered and for me to request it to my company before leaving KSA.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

dappy9

Aug 17, 2018
Hi,

I have done my Bachelors and Masters in Nursing in India. I am working as a RN in a hospital for the past 3 years.

I am applying for Canada Express Entry. Already have Individual 7.5 in IElTS and WES Report also completed.

Now I am planning to apply. I am worried about how I will get job in Canada as a Nurse. Since I am not a registered Nurse in Canada/Province.

With out RN (Canada) how will I get job offer when my application is in the pool. Someone told me that I will get an Initial job offer as Nurse assistant, then once I am in Canada I have to write the registration exam to become RN. Is it true that Nurse assistant job will be offered initially without any registration.

I dont want to come to Canada and sit at home again to write my registration with out a job.

Can someone explain the procedure and requirements and what exam to write to become RN in Canada and the cost as well.

Thank you.
Hi
M in the same situation
Ca

dappy9

Aug 17, 2018
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi
M in the same situation
Can u plz guide me also