+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry for international graduate

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Hi everyone!

I have issues on my PR application.

Here is my case:

1. I finished my degree in December 2018, and currently waiting for my PGWP.
Last March 5, 2019, I created a profile for EE and showed that I met both CEC and FSW. I received my ITA the next day (March 6,2019).

2. My letter (ITA) says I am invited on the CEC stream. I am confused because, I don’t think that my skilled experience gained while I’m in school is counted under CEC so i wondered why i am qualified for CEC.

3. I have a foreign skilled experience about 5 years as a restaurant manager. So, I am
Thinking I am qualified under FSW. Is my skilled experience from the time that I have from where I started studying is counted as well?

July 2016-July 2017 Food Service Supervisor (part-time work while studying and fulltime during breaks)

July 2017 to present - Cook
(Part time work while studying and fulltime during breaks)

Since I graduated in december 2018, i started working fulltime as I was directed from my school after submission of my PGWP application. So from January 2019 up to present, I am working fulltime.

I answered the question “studying fulltime while doing this job” (under the cook position) with a “no” in the questions from creation of EE profile. Is this gonna be a conflict?
The reason why i answered no is because, I am no longer studying at the time I created my profile.

4. I just got a job offer in a public traded company as an Accounting Associate (related to the field of my study) and I will be starting April 8, 2019, is adviseable to change jobs from cook to an accounting associate even my PR application has not been yet submitted?

5. Reference letters.. it says that job descriptions and duties should be included, mostly of my certificate of employment have no job descriptions and duties, should I make a detailed separate document and attached to it? (Jobs from my home country and jobs within canada)? Or should i also make a letter of explanation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone!

I have issues on my PR application.

Here is my case:

1. I finished my degree in December 2018, and currently waiting for my PGWP.
Last March 5, 2019, I created a profile for EE and showed that I met both CEC and FSW. I received my ITA the next day (March 6,2019).

2. My letter (ITA) says I am invited on the CEC stream. I am confused because, I don’t think that my skilled experience gained while I’m in school is counted under CEC so i wondered why i am qualified for CEC.

3. I have a foreign skilled experience about 5 years as a restaurant manager. So, I am
Thinking I am qualified under FSW. Is my skilled experience from the time that I have from where I started studying is counted as well?

July 2016-July 2017 Food Service Supervisor (part-time work while studying and fulltime during breaks)

July 2017 to present - Cook
(Part time work while studying and fulltime during breaks)

Since I graduated in december 2018, i started working fulltime as I was directed from my school after submission of my PGWP application. So from January 2019 up to present, I am working fulltime.

I answered the question “studying fulltime while doing this job” (under the cook position) with a “no” in the questions from creation of EE profile. Is this gonna be a conflict?
The reason why i answered no is because, I am no longer studying at the time I created my profile.

4. I just got a job offer in a public traded company as an Accounting Associate (related to the field of my study) and I will be starting April 8, 2019, is adviseable to change jobs from cook to an accounting associate even my PR application has not been yet submitted?

5. Reference letters.. it says that job descriptions and duties should be included, mostly of my certificate of employment have no job descriptions and duties, should I make a detailed separate document and attached to it? (Jobs from my home country and jobs within canada)? Or should i also make a letter of explanation?
Work experience gained in Canada during your studies cannot be counted. If your profile showed that you qualified under both CEC and FSW, then it means you must have picked at least one wrong option / filled out information incorrectly when completing your profile. You need to decline the ITA you received under CEC since you don't qualify. Do not submit your application. You don't want to risk ending up with a misrepresentation ban.

Reactions: ELlouise

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Work experience gained in Canada during your studies cannot be counted. If your profile showed that you qualified under both CEC and FSW, then it means you must have picked at least one wrong option / filled out information incorrectly when completing your profile. You need to decline the ITA you received under CEC since you don't qualify. Do not submit your application. You don't want to risk ending up with a misrepresentation ban.
Hi, i saw a post here in the forum and it says once you qualified for cec and fsw then automatically you are invited under CEC.

Will this make sense? Even if you qualified for both stream (CEC and FSW), they said that you will always be categorized under CEC

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Guys, do I need to obtain police clearance from my home country again, to apply for CEC/FSW/ International graduate stream?

I have got my police clearance from home country before 2 years. Is it required to renew again?

And is it required to show proof of funds for CEC or International Graduate stream while having a valid job offer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys, do I need to obtain police clearance from my home country again, to apply for CEC/FSW/ International graduate stream?

I have got my police clearance from home country before 2 years. Is it required to renew again?

And is it required to show proof of funds for CEC or International Graduate stream while having a valid job offer?
Yes - you'll need a new PCC. No - you don't need proof of funds.