+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry for CEC

arjpannu

Feb 23, 2021
Hi there,

I am currently assisting my partner in her Express Entry application. She is a skilled worker in NOC 0 and is currently in Canada working on an open Work Permit. We just submitted her profile in to the pool today as she is eligible for Canadian Experience Class. Her Work Permit will be expiring in September, so it is crucial to get this done ASAP now that she has over 1 year of experience. I know it is cutting it close, so one of my main concerns is she will not be able to extend her WP unless she obtains an ITA and submits a PR application. I just had a few questions regarding her score and the process itself:

1. Her current CRS is 333. However, it has the ability to be higher once we receive her ECA for her Bachelors Degree and update the profile. We wanted to wait for the ECA however we had to submit the application now given the time sensitivity... but once she obtains the ECA we will be able to update her profile and get the additional 120 points which will bump her CRS up to 453. My question is, even with a score of 333 in the pool, is that a high enough score to receive an ITA?

2. She already has a job in Canada which she has been working for since October 2019. Will she still need a job offer from her currently employer for CEC? In the profile we have submitted we currently have selected "no" when it asks if she had a valid job offer (arranged employment). I want to know if this was answered correctly given her circumstance.

3. I know a Police Certificate is required for the PR application. However she still has her Police Certificate from 2019 when she initially came to Canada on her WP and does not have an expiry date. Will this still be valid for the PR application or will she need to get a new one?

4. We are trying to get things prepared before her hopeful ITA so we can speed up the application process. With that in mind, will she be able to get a Medical Certificate without obtaining an ITA? I am being told that she will not be able to get a Medical done without first receiving an ITA. Is this true?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,

AJ

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

I am currently assisting my partner in her Express Entry application. She is a skilled worker in NOC 0 and is currently in Canada working on an open Work Permit. We just submitted her profile in to the pool today as she is eligible for Canadian Experience Class. Her Work Permit will be expiring in September, so it is crucial to get this done ASAP now that she has over 1 year of experience. I know it is cutting it close, so one of my main concerns is she will not be able to extend her WP unless she obtains an ITA and submits a PR application. I just had a few questions regarding her score and the process itself:

1. Her current CRS is 333. However, it has the ability to be higher once we receive her ECA for her Bachelors Degree and update the profile. We wanted to wait for the ECA however we had to submit the application now given the time sensitivity... but once she obtains the ECA we will be able to update her profile and get the additional 120 points which will bump her CRS up to 453. My question is, even with a score of 333 in the pool, is that a high enough score to receive an ITA?

2. She already has a job in Canada which she has been working for since October 2019. Will she still need a job offer from her currently employer for CEC? In the profile we have submitted we currently have selected "no" when it asks if she had a valid job offer (arranged employment). I want to know if this was answered correctly given her circumstance.

3. I know a Police Certificate is required for the PR application. However she still has her Police Certificate from 2019 when she initially came to Canada on her WP and does not have an expiry date. Will this still be valid for the PR application or will she need to get a new one?

4. We are trying to get things prepared before her hopeful ITA so we can speed up the application process. With that in mind, will she be able to get a Medical Certificate without obtaining an ITA? I am being told that she will not be able to get a Medical done without first receiving an ITA. Is this true?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,

AJ
1. Hard to say about the score. Probably not high enough. IRCC recently had a draw where those under CEC were selected with very low scores. However many of us feel that was a one time deal and scores are probably not going to drop that low again. Having said that, impossible for any of us to say for sure.
2. She does not have a job offer. Her employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for her to be able to claim that she has a job offer under EE and get the 50 points.
3. Depends when she left her home country vs. when the PCC was issued. Suggest you spend time reading through the requirements on the IRCC web site.
4. I don't know.

Reactions: NOC98

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
For number 4, it depends on the panel physician, some asks for the ITA before conducting the medical exam, so you have to check. However, it is recommended to do the medical last just before you submit your application as the COPR validity is tied with your medicals and medicals only have one year validity (starts from the day IRCC a received the results - usually within 10 days of undergoing the medical exam). Given that the processing timelines has been stretched due to covid, there are still some in Canada applications who already reached one year anniversary and the applicants have been asked to do their medicals again as it already expired. So if your partner’s unlucky when it comes to processing times, she might have to do another medical exam again, another out of pocket expense.

arjpannu

Feb 23, 2021
1. Hard to say about the score. Probably not high enough. IRCC recently had a draw where those under CEC were selected with very low scores. However many of us feel that was a one time deal and scores are probably not going to drop that low again. Having said that, impossible for any of us to say for sure.
2. She does not have a job offer. Her employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA in order for her to be able to claim that she has a job offer under EE and get the 50 points.
3. Depends when she left her home country vs. when the PCC was issued. Suggest you spend time reading through the requirements on the IRCC web site.
4. I don't know.
Thank you for your response.

1. I know it's hard to say considering the IRCC's selection process is always unpredictable, but for the hypothetical chance that 333 is a low score as you mentioned, do you think that once the ECA has been added and she receives the additional 120 points (making her score up to 453) that she will have enough points?
2. What if her employer is LMIA exempt?
3. She left her home country in 2019 when her WP was initially issued. the police certificate was also issued in 2019 shortly before obtaining her WP.

arjpannu

Feb 23, 2021
For number 4, it depends on the panel physician, some asks for the ITA before conducting the medical exam, so you have to check. However, it is recommended to do the medical last just before you submit your application as the COPR validity is tied with your medicals and medicals only have one year validity (starts from the day IRCC a received the results - usually within 10 days of undergoing the medical exam). Given that the processing timelines has been stretched due to covid, there are still some in Canada applications who already reached one year anniversary and the applicants have been asked to do their medicals again as it already expired. So if your partner’s unlucky when it comes to processing times, she might have to do another medical exam again, another out of pocket expense.

I am also being told this as well. At this point would be wise to just wait for the ITA before going through with the Medical.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

1. I know it's hard to say considering the IRCC's selection process is always unpredictable, but for the hypothetical chance that 333 is a low score as you mentioned, do you think that once the ECA has been added and she receives the additional 120 points (making her score up to 453) that she will have enough points?
2. What if her employer is LMIA exempt?
3. She left her home country in 2019 when her WP was initially issued. the police certificate was also issued in 2019 shortly before obtaining her WP.
1. My opinion is that the low score draw was a one-time deal and won't happen again. Assuming that's the case, 333 is too low to be selected. 453 may be high enough but she should look for opportunities to further increase her score (e.g. max out IELTS) in case it's a long time before there is another CEC draw. If IRCC sticks to general draws, she has no chance of being selected.
2. Doesn't matter. She still needs an approved LMIA since she is on an open work permit. It's only possible to claim the 50 job offer points on an open work permit if your employer obtains an approved LMIA.
3. Exact dates matter. Sounds like her PCC was issued before she left the country. If that's the case, probably safe to assume she will need a new one.

Khyati B

Nov 28, 2019
Hello everyone. Can someone please help me here? I am living in canada with my BF since last 4 years. we haven't aware with common law thing before. my BF just got an invitation for PR but while creating his EE profile we have selected his marital status as Single. Now we want me to put into his file as "common law" as the CRS cut off is really law so it won't effect to his score. will there be any problem just because we mentioned him as single before? will there is chance us to get rejection because of this even if we have enough proofs to prove our relationship as genuine.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello everyone. Can someone please help me here? I am living in canada with my BF since last 4 years. we haven't aware with common law thing before. my BF just got an invitation for PR but while creating his EE profile we have selected his marital status as Single. Now we want me to put into his file as "common law" as the CRS cut off is really law so it won't effect to his score. will there be any problem just because we mentioned him as single before? will there is chance us to get rejection because of this even if we have enough proofs to prove our relationship as genuine.
If he can still change the marital status in his profile, and the recalculated score is still above the cut off, go ahead.

0631.me

Feb 24, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am applying CEC after accepting ITA, and need to submit documents but I can't find an accurate answer for this anywhere.

I have 11 months(first day to last day) of experience at a Restaurant chain as Supervisor(Front House.) My total hours are 1605 over 11.5 months, and salary was $40,000/year. My job letter says I was a Full-time employee for 11.5 months with duties from NOC 0631. However, when I made a spreadsheet from pay stubs I have 44.5 weeks FTE(Full Time Equivalent). The reason for this is that I only worked when I was needed based on how busy it was, and I would have had worked 50 FTE or more over the year, although with some pay stubs a little short of 60 hours.

I also have 1.5 months part time work 20hr/ week (NOC 1223) that I did after my Restaurant closed down but am not employed anymore. After including 2 weeks paid vacation from my previous job, I have 50.8 FTE weeks.

I have looked at the rules, and read a lot of forums too about this. I will submit my T4's which have more than 1560 hours for my Restaurant job alone, over 11.5 months.

1. Is there any any reason the officer might ask for pay stubs, or have any doubts about mywork experience?

2. For a job like mine, that is offered as Full-time over a calendar year, with varying hours weekly, how do they decide to enforce the 30hours/week rule? And how do they decide which application to further scrutinize?

3. I'm planning to take a chance and to apply anyway, without an LOE, what would you recommend?

If anyone could please share their experience from being in a situation or knowledge about the process, it would be much appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I am applying CEC after accepting ITA, and need to submit documents but I can't find an accurate answer for this anywhere.

I have 11 months(first day to last day) of experience at a Restaurant chain as Supervisor(Front House.) My total hours are 1605 over 11.5 months, and salary was $40,000/year. My job letter says I was a Full-time employee for 11.5 months with duties from NOC 0631. However, when I made a spreadsheet from pay stubs I have 44.5 weeks FTE(Full Time Equivalent). The reason for this is that I only worked when I was needed based on how busy it was, and I would have had worked 50 FTE or more over the year, although with some pay stubs a little short of 60 hours.

I also have 1.5 months part time work 20hr/ week (NOC 1223) that I did after my Restaurant closed down but am not employed anymore. After including 2 weeks paid vacation from my previous job, I have 50.8 FTE weeks.

I have looked at the rules, and read a lot of forums too about this. I will submit my T4's which have more than 1560 hours for my Restaurant job alone, over 11.5 months.

1. Is there any any reason the officer might ask for pay stubs, or have any doubts about mywork experience?

2. For a job like mine, that is offered as Full-time over a calendar year, with varying hours weekly, how do they decide to enforce the 30hours/week rule? And how do they decide which application to further scrutinize?

3. I'm planning to take a chance and to apply anyway, without an LOE, what would you recommend?

If anyone could please share their experience from being in a situation or knowledge about the process, it would be much appreciated!
You need both jobs. You don't just need to have 1560 hours of work experience to claim a year, you also need to have a full 12 months of work experience. You don't have 12 months of work experience if you only include the first job.

1. Yes, always some possibility they may ask for your pay stubs.
2. I don't know.
3. I'm not clear what you would include in your LOE.

This is how you calculate your work experience to determine if you have a full year.
- Any week you worked 30 hours or more is counted as 1 week. You CANNOT carry over extra weeks above 30 hours to create additional work experience week. You only count it as one week, regardless of whether you worked 30 hours, 60 hours or 90 hours.
- For any week where you worked less than 30 hours, add up the total number of hours and divide by 30.

Based on the information you've provided, I'm not sure you have 52 weeks.

The two numbers above must add up to at least 52.

0631.me

Feb 24, 2021
Thank you for your response!

You need both jobs. You don't just need to have 1560 hours of work experience to claim a year, you also need to have a full 12 months of work experience. You don't have 12 months of work experience if you only include the first job.

1. Yes, always some possibility they may ask for your pay stubs.
2. I don't know.
3. I'm not clear what you would include in your LOE.

This is how you calculate your work experience to determine if you have a full year.
- Any week you worked 30 hours or more is counted as 1 week. You CANNOT carry over extra weeks above 30 hours to create additional work experience week. You only count it as one week, regardless of whether you worked 30 hours, 60 hours or 90 hours.
- For any week where you worked less than 30 hours, add up the total number of hours and divide by 30.

Based on the information you've provided, I'm not sure you have 52 weeks.

The two numbers above must add up to at least 52.
Thank you for responding!

In your knowledge, are there certain reasons that can trigger scrutiny of a profile?

Also, I have hear that CIC works with the CRA to get the information they need anyway, is that true? If it is then why would they ask us for the same?

0631.me

Feb 24, 2021
Would work experience gained as VP Finance at a Student Union be considered valid? I gained it after graduating, and obtaining work permit, eligible experience is for 1 month only at 20hr/week. I was elected to the position by union members(university students), and my job description and main duties fit NOC 1221 (Administrative Officers.) I have a Letter from the Executive Director that includes all details. Please advice!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would work experience gained as VP Finance at a Student Union be considered valid? I gained it after graduating, and obtaining work permit, eligible experience is for 1 month only at 20hr/week. I was elected to the position by union members(university students), and my job description and main duties fit NOC 1221 (Administrative Officers.) I have a Letter from the Executive Director that includes all details. Please advice!!
Did you receive a full wage for this work or was it voluntary?