+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Flagpoling - How to Answer 'Ever Denied Entry to Any Country'?

Skyshaard

Feb 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
Hi everyone,

I have a question about how to answer “Have you ever been denied entry to any country” on my PR application as I flagpoled a few weeks back and received a refusal/administrative refusal.

I browsed this forum and found some contradicting information so hoping I can get this clarified.

When I flagpoled a few weeks back, I received a form i-160a - Notice of Refusal of Admission/Parole into the United States where it states "The alien's name below has been: Refused admission into the United States".

I had to give my fingerprints, and the process took about 20 minutes.

Is this an administrative refusal or regular refusal?

It would be great if you could also link some US/CA websites that would help to explain this.

PS: As of now, no matter if it’s a regular or administrative refusal, I am planning to include it on my EE profile just to be 100% honest.

Thanks,
Sky

EDIT: The refusal letter can be found here:

Last edited:

ajaebe

Feb 4, 2023
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi @Skyshaard, please can you tell me how you responded to this question? I am in a similar situation and I do not know if the response should be a yes or no.

Bottle5266

Aug 30, 2013
Exactly a month ago, I flagpoled at the BC/Washington boarder to get my work permit. There, I asked one of the immigration agent working there regarding this exact question. I was worried too if this action would complicate my PR process if I get a ITA in the future. She told me no it doesn't count as a refusal.

Skyshaard

Feb 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
Hi @Skyshaard, please can you tell me how you responded to this question? I am in a similar situation and I do not know if the response should be a yes or no.
I answered "yes" to the question just to be 100% safe and explained the situation.

Got my E-COPR a week or so ago.

bolt

Sep 3, 2013
Hi @Skyshaard. Did you get any other information since on form i-160a - Notice of Refusal of Admission/Parole into the United States? My nephew received the same form (and so did I and i'm a canadian citizen) when he flagpoled for his study permit.