+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Employment Requirements

emily_14

May 21, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am a research technician (academic research). My duties match NOC 22110 (View unit group - Canada.ca (esdc.gc.ca) ). I have a BSc in Integrated Sciences from UBC (Genetics and Immunology). My only issue is the "employment requirements". I do match the "additional info" part where some technicians are university graduates. My only problem is that the job posting for this job had a minimum qualification of high school graduate. My boss was not in charge of the posting and he said one would not be able to do the job unless one has a university degree. How important is it that the job posting minimum qualifications match the "employment requirements" of the NOC? (Do they check this). Or is it all okay as long as I have a university degree that matches the "additional information" on the NOC group?

Additionally, my duties are slightly different than what is on the job posting. But my current duties do match what is in the IRCC NOC "main duties". Again, how important is the roles described on the job posting? Or is it all okay as long as my current duties are outlined in the reference letter to be submitted in a future PR application?

Thanks a lot.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am a research technician (academic research). My duties match NOC 22110 (View unit group - Canada.ca (esdc.gc.ca) ). I have a BSc in Integrated Sciences from UBC (Genetics and Immunology). My only issue is the "employment requirements". I do match the "additional info" part where some technicians are university graduates. My only problem is that the job posting for this job had a minimum qualification of high school graduate. My boss was not in charge of the posting and he said one would not be able to do the job unless one has a university degree. How important is it that the job posting minimum qualifications match the "employment requirements" of the NOC? (Do they check this). Or is it all okay as long as I have a university degree that matches the "additional information" on the NOC group?

Thanks a lot.
Education doesn’t have to match the NOC for EE.