+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - e-APR submitted in December 2016

nardeep04

Oct 25, 2016
Hi Guys...I am FSW Outland from India and my AOR is 17th December'2016...was starting to get worried as 6 months have passed...so was trying to call their helpline since many days...luckily got through yesterday after waiting for 30-35 minutes and the agent was kind enough to update me about my status....he said that your application was approved in March itself and you might have received a mail...i said i did not and obviously there was no update in my account as well...so he said that he doesnt know the reason for delay but you should be receiving your passport request soon as according to him it got approved in March...so I am feeling relieved now and waiting for the passport request email...i am sure there would be many similar cases...so i guess calling them up is the best option...

sumandeepk2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Hi Guys...I am FSW Outland from India and my AOR is 17th December'2016...was starting to get worried as 6 months have passed...so was trying to call their helpline since many days...luckily got through yesterday after waiting for 30-35 minutes and the agent was kind enough to update me about my status....he said that your application was approved in March itself and you might have received a mail...i said i did not and obviously there was no update in my account as well...so he said that he doesnt know the reason for delay but you should be receiving your passport request soon as according to him it got approved in March...so I am feeling relieved now and waiting for the passport request email...i am sure there would be many similar cases...so i guess calling them up is the best option...
Hi there,
I am also an FSW-O from India with AOR 17th DEC. I have been trying to reach CIC from past few days but the call doesn't go through. After reading your post I am now very eager to know about my application status. Did you call any of these numbers?- 1-888-242-2100 OR (613) 944-4000. If not, could you please assist me what number you called and how? As far as i know, they do not accept calls from outside Canada. Thanks in advance!

nardeep04

Oct 25, 2016
Hi there,
I am also an FSW-O from India with AOR 17th DEC. I have been trying to reach CIC from past few days but the call doesn't go through. After reading your post I am now very eager to know about my application status. Did you call any of these numbers?- 1-888-242-2100 OR (613) 944-4000. If not, could you please assist me what number you called and how? As far as i know, they do not accept calls from outside Canada. Thanks in advance!
I dialed in from skype - +16139444000....followed the instructions...there was a long waiting time and finally an agent answered..

girish979

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
India
Interview........
None
I applied my GCMS notes through applygcms.com yesterday.
However, I received my PPR mail today. and submitted my passport.

AOR - Dec 15, 2016
PPR - June 30, 2017

Last edited:

dr@gonfly

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Congratulations everyone on PPRs!

daniel_lyz

Sep 18, 2011
I have a theory that maybe CIC process application in a sequence of considering applicant's visa expiration. The reason is I saw one friend here and one of my close friend in real life got their PPR right before their Visa expire. So this might be one of the reason why I dont get my golden email until now after 6month today, as my visa is valid until next year... it it is the truth, then I dont know when can i get my PPR....

By the way, Happy Canada Day.

PNP ON inland
AOR DEC30th
IP2 Jun6th
Waiting....

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
^Have you called CIC

I don't think that theory is true as CECs are getting PPRs by the minute not to mention FSWs

Its the PNPs that are cursed

But I am guessing you should be getting PPR any day now, may be even today.

daniel_lyz

Sep 18, 2011
Yes, only PNPs are so slow.

I am holding down my expectation. Plan to order new GCMS notes next Week and call CIC if have free time.

Wish everyone good luck.

PNP ON inland
AOR DEC30th
IP2 Jun6th
Waiting...

^Have you called CIC

I don't think that theory is true as CECs are getting PPRs by the minute not to mention FSWs

Its the PNPs that are cursed

But I am guessing you should be getting PPR any day now, may be even today.

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
My BG changed to IP last night...I really hope PPR lands soon

harry_92

Feb 23, 2016
I have a theory that maybe CIC process application in a sequence of considering applicant's visa expiration. The reason is I saw one friend here and one of my close friend in real life got their PPR right before their Visa expire. So this might be one of the reason why I dont get my golden email until now after 6month today, as my visa is valid until next year... it it is the truth, then I dont know when can i get my PPR....

PNP ON inland
AOR DEC30th
IP2 Jun6th
Waiting....
That is not correct, i am PNP inland AOR 3rd Jan. BGIP2 same as you June 6th my visa expired June 12th still nothing.

icejohn

Apr 12, 2017
Now, everyone hits their 6 months.
How many people are still waiting the PPR?

I'm still waiting and will call CIC on Monday.

tphil

Dec 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-12-2016

PNP ON inland
AOR DEC30th
IP2 Jun6th
Waiting....
Happy Canada Day! My experience suggests that your theory is flawed. My WP expired in May and I am still waiting. Both my spouse and I were given a BOWP with a one year validity. Interestingly enough, I have the same timeline as you. The wait continues... :)

SFKAS

Jul 27, 2014
^You and others who have already hit 6 months.

My thought is that not everyone of the PNP Inlands, after 29th or 30th Dec whichever date it is till which they have issued PPRs, can be stuck in security and such, and so come 4th July we definitely should see movement on 30th Dec and after PNP Inlands

Strong gut feeling! I hope, so hope CIC proves my thought right and we're done with all this.

On the bright side you have a work permit!

Last edited: