04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hello Forum seniors,
I'am a student studying in Canada. Can you please elaborate me whats mean by Express entry. Can i apply for Express entry if i get a full time job offer here after my studies. Please be kind to reply.

Currently am at TORONTO in study permit.

My profile is:

3.8 years experience in IT india.
B.Tech in INDia
STudied a 1 year PG diploma at Canada
IELTS 6.5

Can i apply through FSW???

Am so depressed regarding the options i have to apply for PR or getting a job.

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshmanan Pandian

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lakshmanan said:
Hello Forum seniors,
I'am a student studying in Canada. Can you please elaborate me whats mean by Express entry. Can i apply for Express entry if i get a full time job offer here after my studies. Please be kind to reply.

My profile is:

B.Tech in INDia
IELTS 6.5

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshmanan Pandian
No one can tell you until the rules are issued in January/15 for Express Entry.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dude, if you're from a developing country, express entry will NOT be in your favor. I'm beginning to think that Jason Kenney and Chris Alexander are extremely biased towards people from developing countries. All I can do is advise you to have a contingency plan in case you're not chosen for express entry. This new system seems to be a way for CIC officials to subtly filter out all the people they don't like (i.e those from developing countries) from immigrating.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
lakshmanan said:
Hello Forum seniors,

My profile is:

B.Tech in INDia
IELTS 6.5

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshmanan Pandian
Lakshmanan,

You might try to apply for PR through Express entry with valid job offer. In that case, the chances of getting PR will be more. At least, that is the hint given for now. But we need to wait for some more time to get more clarity on the system.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
stopDA said:
Dude, if you're from a developing country, express entry will NOT be in your favor. I'm beginning to think that Jason Kenney and Chris Alexander are extremely biased towards people from developing countries. All I can do is advise you to have a contingency plan in case you're not chosen for express entry. This new system seems to be a way for CIC officials to subtly filter out all the people they don't like (i.e those from developing countries) from immigrating.
In that case, we have to forget Canada and look elsewhere

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharedknowledge said:
In that case, we have to forget Canada and look elsewhere
You can still try. Don't let me stop you. I could be wrong after all. However, I'm highly suspicious of Jason Kenney and Chris Alexander. It seems to me like they don't like the idea of people immigrating to Canada from developing countries. When changes were made to the TFW program, Jason Kenney somehow felt the need to point out that most low-skilled TFWs tend to come from developing countries while the higher-skilled ones mostly come from developed countries. Then he lied down a bed of nails for the low-skilled while making things easier for the high-skilled. If the purpose of these changes is to protect Canadian jobs, then what relevance do the workers' nationalities have in all of this? Why should Kenney feel the need to mention this trend of high-skilled developed country nationals vs low-skilled developing country nationals at all? Again, I could be wrong about my assumptions, but they are far from baseless.

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
stopDA said:
Hi bro,
Ofcourse am from a developing country India, am here already for my studies and it will be over by December this year. What if i get a permanent job here after my studies, can i apply with that job offer for Express Entry Visa.

Thanks and Regards
Lakshmanan

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Intocanada said:
Lakshmanan,

You might try to apply for PR through Express entry with valid job offer. In that case, the chances of getting PR will be more. At least, that is the hint given for now. But we need to wait for some more time to get more clarity on the system.
Hi,
Am here already for my studies and it will be over by December this year. What if i get a permanent job here after my studies, can i apply with that job offer for Express Entry Visa.

Thank you for the reply.

Regards,
Lakshmanan

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakshmanan said:
Hi bro,
Ofcourse am from a developing country India, am here already for my studies and it will be over by December this year. What if i get a permanent job here after my studies, can i apply with that job offer for Express Entry Visa.

Thanks and Regards
Lakshmanan
You're eligible to apply for Express Entry. You should apply. However, behind closed doors, nobody really knows what will play a decisive role in CIC's final choice to approve or reject specific applicants. Based on past comments by Kenney and Alexander, I have reason to believe that this is a way for them to secretly weed out the people from so-called undesirable countries (for example, developing countries). Apply for Express Entry if you're eligible, but have a contingency plan just in case CIC is really biased like I speculate it to be. I honestly don't get how the nationalities of TFWs has anything to do with protecting Canadian jobs. Why mention developed nations vs developing nationals at all. Not all low-skilled TFWs come from developing countries.

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Hello Guys,
My common-law partner and i has applied under the BCPNP for their sponsorship for the Canadian permanent residence and we logged the application in November 2014.
We where lucky because i am currently a student while my partner graduated in December 2013 from a one year post secondary program and immediately got a permanent full-time job with her one year work permit. Her work permit is going to be expiring this February and i just declared her on my study permit which give us more time. Although i will be graduating this May and will be entitled to a 3 years post graduate work permit which my common law partner will receive the same length of time on her work permit with out the need of an LMO/LMIA. I was considering to lunch an application through the express entry stream but the process seems as easy as it looks. An application could be lunched and seat in the pool and might not get selected. So we agreed to wait till the PNP Sponsors us at list we have 4 years more on ours stay here in Canada.
Plus my common Law partner Completed her high school here in Canada and has been in the Province of BC for the 7 years while i came to Canada in 2010. We pretty much qualify for the Express Entry but the unstinting of the stream has proved to be a pain. I feel the government of Canada can do better with the infrastructure at their disposal nevertheless i understand where they are coming from as me and my partner attend all immigrant Church and stories told about experience of immigrants has been sadden. Some cases people leave good jobs from back home in search form better paying jobs here in Canada and end up on social welfare. My best advice is if you have the chance to apply for PNP please do.