+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Details: Spouse already a Permanent Resident in Canada

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
Hi I am in the same boat. I got my invitation and now I see that they are asking for my husband's PCC as well. But he already has a PR and is planning to move to canada next month. I am confused on what to do here?
Maybe we can only provide what they ask....

torontoreddy

Apr 16, 2019
Yes by asking what I meant was that the document checklist is showing it. I was thinking to upload LOE and his PR card proof. Later if they still feel it is required they would ask for it

torontoreddy

Apr 16, 2019
Hi,

Did your application go through? Is there anything else that I should be aware of? I am in the same boat. I am planning to attach the LOE+PR Card in the sections where they request for the PCC.

Thanks!
Hi,
Is your application under processing? Did CIC ask for PCC later? Or did you submit it initially

torontoreddy

Apr 16, 2019
Yes, that may very well be true, because speaking from my own experience - I have applied through EE while my spouse is a PR already. I selected no to "spouse accompanying" question and attached an LOE, as was suggested to me (above by Delpiero07) and applied.

Got my AOR - however initially, my application showed me as a primary applicant and my spouse as a secondary applicant. I later got an ADR asking for my spouses medical to which we wrote to them and informed them that my spouse is already there, and subsequently the application was updated and secondary applicant field was removed (hence, leaving only me as a primary applicant).
Hey did you submit your spouse pcc?

Chinthi

Feb 7, 2020
I am currently pursuing a post grad diploma in canada and I came to canada with my husband l, husband through open work permit.Now my husband is going to apply for Express entry FSW .In the section of accompanying spouse...should it be yes or no???

ridhi0505

Mar 5, 2020
Hi,

I am a canadian PR and my husband is applying through Express Entry program.

Can my husband mark me as accompanying in his profile given that i am living with him outside canada and am already a p.r. holder?? We wish to do so as I have a sibling in canada for which my husband can gain 15 extra points

Last edited:

Islam.Shahin

Aug 15, 2017
This is also my circumstance. I am married to a PR and on my application for EE - FSW, I said yes to the question about if my spouse will be accompanying me as I wasn't sure how to answer based on the fact my Wife who is already a PR is living with me in Canada already while im here on a PGWP. Now that I have gotten my ITA I see where they are charging me double the fees, one set for me and the other for my wife. But should we be paying PR application fees for someone who is already a PR?

If not, I am wondering what I should do, modify my initial answers to say 'No' to "accompanying spouse" and do the LOE to explain? But what then of my ITA will it be voided if I make such a big change to my application? I don't think my points will change as the table had 0 CRS points from my spouse anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I would appreciate if you tell me what happened with your application please as my wife has the same issue. I have a PR and she doesn't and she is submitting her documents

Dap-8537

Jan 30, 2021
This is also my circumstance. I am married to a PR and on my application for EE - FSW, I said yes to the question about if my spouse will be accompanying me as I wasn't sure how to answer based on the fact my Wife who is already a PR is living with me in Canada already while im here on a PGWP. Now that I have gotten my ITA I see where they are charging me double the fees, one set for me and the other for my wife. But should we be paying PR application fees for someone who is already a PR?

If not, I am wondering what I should do, modify my initial answers to say 'No' to "accompanying spouse" and do the LOE to explain? But what then of my ITA will it be voided if I make such a big change to my application? I don't think my points will change as the table had 0 CRS points from my spouse anyway.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am in a same situation like you. What you recommend i should do? Everyone saying submit LOE but submit it where? And once I submitted documents it’s asking me to pay full amount. How to fix this? Please help. Appreciate in advance

paras968

Feb 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

I was reading this forum, and I am having the same issue.
as my spouse is already PR and living in Canada.
but stuck in two questions
will my spouse accompany me or not? as I put no and will provide LOE.

but the second question is why they are asking for police clearance for my spouse as she already is PR? do we have to
provide them or not?

I am assuming that's generic forms coming up because when I submitted my profile I was single and when got married I didn't update
profile.

Now after ITA, I updated it and they asking all her history and police clearance?

Please any help on this?