+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Details: Spouse already a Permanent Resident in Canada

abd2018

Nov 14, 2018
India
The consultants are misleading you.
There is no such compulsion for you to apply under spousal sponsorship.
1. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you will get through express entry, so no question of spousal sponsorship issue.
2. Mark husband accompanying '''No" as he is already a PR.
3. Shouldn't be a problem.
4. Since your husband is already a PR so the answer is No.
Thanks a lot for your help and prompt reply. Really appreciate it :)

Vickielimhf

Oct 13, 2018
hi

Can we please connect
I have a similar case like yours...and i have the ITA and gathering documents..
Hi, would you mind updating your status? Do you need to submit your spouse pcc at all? I just received ita this week and am gathering docs..

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hi, would you mind updating your status? Do you need to submit your spouse pcc at all? I just received ita this week and am gathering docs..
Same situation and I received an ITA last week. My spouse is a Canadian citizen residing in Canada. So I do not intend to get a PCC or her medical done. Instead, I’ll attach a copy of her Canadian Passport and write a LOE.
Let me know how you intend to tackle this.

Vickielimhf

Oct 13, 2018
Same situation and I received an ITA last week. My spouse is a Canadian citizen residing in Canada. So I do not intend to get a PCC or her medical done. Instead, I’ll attach a copy of her Canadian Passport and write a LOE.
Let me know how you intend to tackle this.
I called Ircc and was told that we don't need to provide spouse's PCC and medical if your spouse is canadian/PR. A letter of explanation is enough and a copy of his/her PR card/passport.. Let me know how your application goes. =)

parthi1997

Jun 13, 2019
I called Ircc and was told that we don't need to provide spouse's PCC and medical if your spouse is canadian/PR. A letter of explanation is enough and a copy of his/her PR card/passport.. Let me know how your application goes. =)
Hi,

Did your application go through? Is there anything else that I should be aware of? I am in the same boat. I am planning to attach the LOE+PR Card in the sections where they request for the PCC.

Thanks!

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
Hi, can you please guide me if spouse is shown as not accompanying as he is a PR, then the primary applicant would be still be required to upload all the information regarding the PR spouse like passport scan, work history, travel history etc ? Any help would be really nice.
Hi
Could I know how did you fill out all the info?
family info, passport scan, work history, travel history etc.
Thank you!!

torontoreddy

Apr 16, 2019
Hi I am in the same boat. I got my invitation and now I see that they are asking for my husband's PCC as well. But he already has a PR and is planning to move to canada next month. I am confused on what to do here?