+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry denied but was initially found eligible

anaben

Apr 3, 2019
Hello,
I’m applying for express entry as single/never married but once my Application is submitted, it gets denied immediately. I received a letter saying profile ineligible with a bulleted points explaining possible reasons for denial. I tried doing it multiple times. Tell me what I’m doing wrong:
To start off I had completed the questioner to determine if I am eligible or not for express entry and I was found eligible and given the reference code. So I proceeded to the application
I completed the application with the following information:

CLB 11, 12, 12 and 9

Education: USA BA degree which is equivalent to Canadian BA degree verified by WES on my ECA

USA Work Experience: 1+ years as a financial auditor

Job Offer: I said yes since I am currently working in Canada. My job is LMIA exempt since its considered an intercompany transfer from a USA office.

Available funds: I included 13000 CAD

I don’t know why my application keeps getting rejected. I have also completed a CRS score calculator questionnaire and it told me my score should be above 450. Am I missing something I need help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I’m applying for express entry as single/never married but once my Application is submitted, it gets denied immediately. I received a letter saying profile ineligible with a bulleted points explaining possible reasons for denial. I tried doing it multiple times. Tell me what I’m doing wrong:
To start off I had completed the questioner to determine if I am eligible or not for express entry and I was found eligible and given the reference code. So I proceeded to the application
I completed the application with the following information:

CLB 11, 12, 12 and 9

Education: USA BA degree which is equivalent to Canadian BA degree verified by WES on my ECA

USA Work Experience: 1+ years as a financial auditor

Job Offer: I said yes since I am currently working in Canada. My job is LMIA exempt since its considered an intercompany transfer from a USA office.

Available funds: I included 13000 CAD

I don’t know why my application keeps getting rejected. I have also completed a CRS score calculator questionnaire and it told me my score should be above 450. Am I missing something I need help.
You wouldn't have a valid job offer unless you've worked in Canada for a year.

anaben

Apr 3, 2019
This is my six selection factor
Language 24
Work 9
Age 12
Job offer 10
Education 21

total is 76, which is over the 67 that is a minimum. So I dont think that is the problem

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
This is my six selection factor
Language 24
Work 9
Age 12
Job offer 10
Education 21

total is 76, which is over the 67 that is a minimum. So I dont think that is the problem
As mentioned by @DelPiero07 above, you can only claimed points for your job offer if you've been working in Canada for at least one year.

Reactions: shaizeik

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My assumption is that you can claim the 50 points for the valid job offer, since its a full time, non seasonal job offer, exempt from LMIA
I don't base my response on assumptions but on what is stated on the IRCC website.

"
if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Reactions: shaizeik

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
My assumption is that you can claim the 50 points for the valid job offer, since its a full time, non seasonal job offer, exempt from LMIA
Read the last bullet point under Situation 2
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html#employment

You can't claim 10 points under six selection factor either, which puts you under 67