+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry crs 456.. work permit expiring this year!!!

Gillnavvarsh

Jun 5, 2017
Hi everyone,
I immigrated here as an international student, completed 2 years program and now I am a registered practical nurse, applied under EE (CEC) with two years of experience and ielts- L-8.5 R-8.5 W-7 S-7, repeated ielts multiple times to max out scores with no success. In my case maxing out ielts adds additional 6 points. My current EE score is 456 and as per current draw trends don’t see the cut off dropping that low anytime soon.
I can’t wait any longer hoping the score will drop as my work permit is expiring this September.
Not eligible for PNP as job offer is temporary part time, moreover employer won’t provide any confidential documentation to support my case and therefore no LMIA.
And, third year of experience completes in November. So I don’t see any other way to increase my crs scores other than maxing out ielts which I’ve already tried several times.
My profession falls under skill B NOC 3233, should I be eligible under federal skilled worker as well as canadian experience class,? as per my current EE profile,I’m only eligible for CEC.
All this is very worrysome now :(
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
if you don't meet the minimum score there is nothing you can do. That's how the systems works.

Take CELPIP instead of IELTS! only thingI can think of.

I doesn't really matter if you are eligible to CEC or FSW, if you don't meet the minimum cut-off score for each round you won't get an inviation regardless of your eligibility to either stream.

Reactions: Gillnavvarsh

Gillnavvarsh

Jun 5, 2017
if you don't meet the minimum score there is nothing you can do. That's how the systems works.

Take CELPIP instead of IELTS! only thingI can think of.

I doesn't really matter if you are eligible to CEC or FSW, if you don't meet the minimum cut-off score for each round you won't get an inviation regardless of your eligibility to either stream.
Thanks for the response. Asking about FSW eligibility because my friend (same case as mine- same job &work experience) EE shows her CEC as well as FSW eligibility is met and while making EE she choose all the provinces for where she intends to live in canada. And few months ago she received nomination from alberta which got approved and added 600 towards her EE.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone,
I immigrated here as an international student, completed 2 years program and now I am a registered practical nurse, applied under EE (CEC) with two years of experience and ielts- L-8.5 R-8.5 W-7 S-7, repeated ielts multiple times to max out scores with no success.
Try the CELPIP instead.

My profession falls under skill B NOC 3233, should I be eligible under federal skilled worker as well as canadian experience class,? as per my current EE profile,I’m only eligible for CEC.

Well, you would need to have at least one year of skilled foreign work experience to be eligible for FSW, but that would add CRS points to your application under CEC too. So.... ? (The other requirement under FSW is that you would have to show proof of funds, if you don´t have a valid job offer).