+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - cover letter

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to attach a cover letter or a more-indepth CV to Express Entry profiles? We've submitted our entry through my partner as the main applicant, but it's hard to cover everything in the work history.

My partner has experience in Coin design for example, but as it's freelance work and not continuous employment we're struggling to put this experience in the limited section.

Thanks!

stn0213

Jul 28, 2018
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to attach a cover letter or a more-indepth CV to Express Entry profiles? We've submitted our entry through my partner as the main applicant, but it's hard to cover everything in the work history.

My partner has experience in Coin design for example, but as it's freelance work and not continuous employment we're struggling to put this experience in the limited section.

Thanks!
Hi,
Good to know that you already applied, can you share your experience and the timeline of processing of your application.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

Thanks!
Cv is not asked for so no point attaching the same. Important is to get reference letter right as per NOC chosen with roles and responsibilities. You don't need to explain your job profile as you are not applying for a job. Reference letter in the format expected will do.

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi,
Hi,
Good to know that you already applied, can you share your experience and the timeline of processing of your application.
Hi stn0213,

We started our Express Entry in Jan 2018, and got an ITA in May. It's taken us a long time to pull all the information they need together and we're trying to be thorough. I did find a section to explain/add information that I think they need to know in the ITA application section 'Letter of Explanation' so will use this as a base to highlight key bits of information.

'hope2018' is right, and getting our job reference material together is most important, and takes time to gather as you're dependent on previous employers to be efficient & provide everything that's needed.

:)

stn0213

Jul 28, 2018
Hi,

Hi stn0213,

We started our Express Entry in Jan 2018, and got an ITA in May. It's taken us a long time to pull all the information they need together and we're trying to be thorough. I did find a section to explain/add information that I think they need to know in the ITA application section 'Letter of Explanation' so will use this as a base to highlight key bits of information.

'hope2018' is right, and getting our job reference material together is most important, and takes time to gather as you're dependent on previous employers to be efficient & provide everything that's needed.

:)
Can you please share your LOE? I'll be able to learn its format and make one for myself.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Can you please share your LOE? I'll be able to learn its format and make one for myself.
There's no LOE format. its just a document containing additional information you need to provide

db_007

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I wouldn't want to point you in the wrong direction as our LOE is specific to us, but I think if you simply write what you think they really need to know about your application which may be missing from it currently then you can't go wrong. Good luck!