+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry - Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688)

h4.harry

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
I received a communication on 20.07.2015, from the CIC for my application for Permanent Residence under Express Entry, stating that:

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. The following is required to complete your application and for CPC-Ottawa to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) and permanent residence visa (if a visa is required).

1. Valid Passport
2. Two Immigration size Photos
3. A Bio Data form as provided

Along with:

Please note that CPC-Ottawa does not send out passports outside of North America. If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca or by fax at 613-946-6059 so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.

In accordance

I sent FOUR email communications (1 explanation + 3 reminders) in this regard, first on 21.07.2015, second on 08.08.2015, and then third on 18.08.2015, fourth on 02.09.2015 that I am residing in India, at the address as already provided in the application, and thus unable to send my passport to Canada or provide a return mailing address in North America, however I am still waiting for any reply.

Any course of action at my end ????

because the last line of the written communication received from CIC is read as

The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) and visa (if a visa is required) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or passport copies as soon as possible. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on these documents and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date.