+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry charging for spouse who is already PR

fulbio

Mar 15, 2018
So I'm about to submit my application for PR under Express Entry. I declared that my spouse is PR and had to upload a scan of her PR card (I also had to provide a police clearance for her and scans of her passport). However, at the time of transmission and payment, the system is charging me for her Permanent Resident Application Fee and her Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which effectively doubles the amount I'd have to pay. How can I solve this? Can IRCC fix this over the phone?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So I'm about to submit my application for PR under Express Entry. I declared that my spouse is PR and had to upload a scan of her PR card (I also had to provide a police clearance for her and scans of her passport). However, at the time of transmission and payment, the system is charging me for her Permanent Resident Application Fee and her Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which effectively doubles the amount I'd have to pay. How can I solve this? Can IRCC fix this over the phone?

Thanks
You need to mark your spouse as non-accompanying. Also, you didn't need to submit a PCC for her.

fulbio

Mar 15, 2018
I can't change it anymore. In the form, the question "Will this person accompany you to Canada?" is locked in yes.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I can't change it anymore. In the form, the question "Will this person accompany you to Canada?" is locked in yes.
If you can't change it, then I guess you pay. You will eventually get a refund.

fulbio

Mar 15, 2018
Just one more question: will I get refunded also the processing fee along with the right of permanent resident fee for my spouse?