+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry CEC before one year

hoshanggunner

Jan 3, 2021
Hi,

Is there an ongoing bug on the website, I have only completed 7 months of work experience in Canada(ICT transfer) but it shows that I have met CEC requirements in the eligibility criteria? Don’t want to get my hopes up, but how are they counting it? Does my experience in US count towards it?

CRS score: 478

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Is there an ongoing bug on the website, I have only completed 7 months of work experience in Canada(ICT transfer) but it shows that I have met CEC requirements in the eligibility criteria? Don’t want to get my hopes up, but how are they counting it? Does my experience in US count towards it?

CRS score: 478
No, your expreience in the US does not count towards it. It's a bug that they will have to fix sooner or later.

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
Yes, the same thing happened to me. 2 months of Canadian experience and it says I'm CEC eligible. It started happening after the NOC 2021 changes on Nov. 16. They probably introduced this bug as part of this change.

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Same here! My profile shows the same with just 3 months of Canadian experience, therefore, I reported it as a technical issue from the bottom left-hand side of the page to be on the safe side. Glad to know it is a genuine bug.

All the best!

saantiftw

Dec 5, 2022
Same here, just 4 months of experience. I tried fixing it by withdrawing my profile and creating a new one, it didnt work. Then by changing my job experience dates to more than 1 year, submitting and then changing the dates again. It didnt work.

I sent a webform on Nov 30.

This gives me so much anxiety, nothing else to do on our end, just waiting. I hope they fix it soon.

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
My plan is to remove the Canadian Experience from the profile @saantiftw and add it again on the APR. After the ITA. Since it doesn't change my CRS anyway.

saantiftw

Dec 5, 2022
My plan is to remove the Canadian Experience from the profile @saantiftw and add it again on the APR. After the ITA. Since it doesn't change my CRS anyway.
Nice idea!! My ITA is still far (Next year February under FSW) but I'll have it in mind if they don't fix it by next year.

I was so so anxious because of this but I think your idea makes sense. Thank you for sharing it :)

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Can that work? We need to make sure that we have updated profiles at all times. If you are working in Canada, I believe it should be always updated on the profile.

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
@chiragbatra the idea is to send an LOE on why we didn't update the Canadian work experience on the profile. Because of the glitch.

Some people that kept it were invited to CEC the last draw and had to decline the ITA. So just keeping it doesn't solve the problem either :(

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
@chiragbatra the idea is to send an LOE on why we didn't update the Canadian work experience on the profile. Because of the glitch.

Some people that kept it were invited to CEC the last draw and had to decline the ITA. So just keeping it doesn't solve the problem either :(
Ya, make sense.

The only worry that I have is that when I raised a web form with IRCC, they are not acknowledging that there is an error on the website. I received a generic reply from them to check my profile again.

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
Yes, me too @chiragbatra, same message, but I noticed that there is another old bug where people receive ITA for CEC after 11 months of experience. And they have to continue declining ITAs until they really meet the CEC requirements. There are posts about it going on for years, so it seems like IRCC is not very concerned about some bugs.

Another option that I found is to reduce the Hours per Week to less than 2 (it also removes the CEC eligibility), but seems to be even more hacky.

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Yes, me too @chiragbatra, same message, but I noticed that there is another old bug where people receive ITA for CEC after 11 months of experience. And they have to continue declining ITAs until they really meet the CEC requirements. There are posts about it going on for years, so it seems like IRCC is not very concerned about some bugs.

Another option that I found is to reduce the Hours per Week to less than 2 (it also removes the CEC eligibility), but seems to be even more hacky.
Yes, IRCC is aware of the 11-month experience bug when people receive CEC invitations, however, what we are facing is completely new and they are not acknowledging it yet.

IRCC responded to me with this for people facing issues who have around 11 months of experience:

"When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one-year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision"

Reactions: Miracle2018

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
@chiragbatra Yes, but the experience would be part of the eAPR. I got your point, but it doesn't seem reasonable to wait until the issue gets fixed/acknowledge to proceed with the application for something that doesn't even impact the CRS score, and would make part of the eAPR anyway.

People even say that work that is not used to gain points can be moved to personal history on the eAPR ... so non-point counting experience doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Next year IRCC might start doing target draws and etc, things change, is it worth the risk waiting for IRCC to solve the issue?

Reactions: chiragbatra