+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry- Canadian degree, diploma or certificate

outlookcanada

Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone good evening, got a question about points for Canadian degree, diploma or certificate,

so I have a Ontario College Diploma (two years length study), I am thinking about going back to college and study two more semesters to get a Ontario College Advanced Diploma (which would be three years study in total), My question is which categories of education I fall into? is Bechalor-degree three or more year program ? or two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees? since i will be getting two diplomas.

Thank you for your input.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You wouldn't qualify for "two or more certificates" as one of those certificates has to be from a program of 3 years or longer.

You wouldn't qualify for a bachelors either.

You would have a two year diploma and a one year diploma.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
outlookcanada said:
are you sure buddy? if i get my advanced diploma, its three years program, right?
It's not. You are trying to mix and match two different diplomas and call it a three year program, that is not going to work out.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
My spouse's ECA report says - Post Graduate with 1 year of PG Diploma. Per CRS calculator, she should get 9 points but the EE Profile shows only 8 as there is no option to choose '2 or more degree or diploma'.

Anyone can help with understanding this? TIA

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
My spouse's ECA report says - 'Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)'.

Per CRS calculator, she should get 9 points but the EE Profile shows only 8 as there is no option to choose '2 or more degree or diploma'. Even if I add 2 rows, there is no option to choose a PG Diploma :(

Anyone can help with understanding this? TIA

s.immanual

Oct 10, 2015
@DelPiero07: Hi, There I have a bachelor degree (3 years) & a post graduate diploma (1 year). I have got the ECAs report for both and for my bachelor degree i have been given 3 years and the post grad diploma (1 year). Which is level of education should I choose?

Thanks in advance.