+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry BIOMETRICS for applicants from INDIA held back for very long since March 2020 - UNFAIR Discrimination

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi All, the people who received the ITA beyond March 2020 and done the AOR the applications have not moved beyond a mail for BIOMETRICS requirement. The VAC in India has not yet given a go ahead for biometrics for Express Entry Economic class from India. Its really sad as everything in India is normal (flights. trains, public transports, educational centers and even theaters are open) but the preference is given to students, family and people with work permit. Most of the other countries where people have applied for EE have gone through biometrics without any issues in spite of COVID... Any views

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Hi All, the people who received the ITA beyond March 2020 and done the AOR the applications have not moved beyond a mail for BIOMETRICS requirement. The VAC in India has not yet given a go ahead for biometrics for Express Entry Economic class from India. Its really sad as everything in India is normal (flights. trains, public transports, educational centers and even theaters are open) but the preference is given to students, family and people with work permit. Most of the other countries where people have applied for EE have gone through biometrics without any issues in spite of COVID... Any views
I quite agree with you.
But what can we do? Except visiting Dubai or Nepal.
Based on the situation at present, some say it would take nearly 2 months to open it for EE PR

Reactions: ahanan

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
I quite agree with you.
But what can we do? Except visiting Dubai or Nepal.
Based on the situation at present, some say it would take nearly 2 months to open it for EE PR
Thanks for your reply, So is it allowed to go to Dubai and give the Biometrics there and would that be accepted

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply, So is it allowed to go to Dubai and give the Biometrics there and would that be accepted
Yes, lots of people here have done that.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yes but the problem is covid cases are out of control there averaging around 4000 cases per day which is higher than peak pandemic numbers last year, too risky IMO.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi all,

I received my Biometric letter today, still India has no vac offices for processing PR files. Could anyone please suggest my options?? I see people travelling to Dubai or Nepal for biometric. If I am traveling to one of the countries should my travel history be updated as my passport will get stamped on visiting the country?

Thanks in advance

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
I went to Dubai to give my biometrics on Feb 1. It was a bit on the expensive side, but I now have peace of mind that I have submitted everything from my side. On the question of whether to wait for Indian VFS to reopen or travel to Dubai/Nepal, that depends on your personal circumstances (How anxious are you about your application, Are you willing to spend a good chunk of money to travel, Are you okay with risking travel during COVID times).

Note that appointments in Nepal/Dubai are usually fully booked for a month in advance, so if you haven't booked yet, might as well wait for Indian VFS to open since they tweeted last week that they are planning to start accepting PR applicant biometrics soon. They did walk back on it, but I do think that they will reopen VFS in the next month or so (but you have to factor in the wait time, since a lot of people are in the queue).

Hi all,

I received my Biometric letter today, still India has no vac offices for processing PR files. Could anyone please suggest my options?? I see people travelling to Dubai or Nepal for biometric. If I am traveling to one of the countries should my travel history be updated as my passport will get stamped on visiting the country?

Thanks in advance
I don't think you have to let IRCC know about your travel history post AOR, unless you plan to permanently relocate.

Reactions: mvneema10

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I went to Dubai to give my biometrics on Feb 1. It was a bit on the expensive side, but I now have peace of mind that I have submitted everything from my side. On the question of whether to wait for Indian VFS to reopen or travel to Dubai/Nepal, that depends on your personal circumstances (How anxious are you about your application, Are you willing to spend a good chunk of money to travel, Are you okay with risking travel during COVID times).

Note that appointments in Nepal/Dubai are usually fully booked for a month in advance, so if you haven't booked yet, might as well wait for Indian VFS to open since they tweeted last week that they are planning to start accepting PR applicant biometrics soon. They did walk back on it, but I do think that they will reopen VFS in the next month or so (but you have to factor in the wait time, since a lot of people are in the queue).

I don't think you have to let IRCC know about your travel history post AOR, unless you plan to permanently relocate.
Thanks for detailed response. Are Indians given visa on arrival or should we apply visitor Visa? Also what are the travel guidelines in Dubai like do we need to provide negative covid test results before travelling?

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Thanks for detailed response. Are Indians given visa on arrival or should we apply visitor Visa? Also what are the travel guidelines in Dubai like do we need to provide negative covid test results before travelling?
If you have a US B1/B2 visa which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel, then you can get a 14 day visa on arrival for a small fee (this is what I did). Otherwise, you have to apply for a visitor visa, but you will get it pretty fast (in 1-3 days).

You have to show a negative PCR test result to board the flight in India (the sample should have been collected within 72 hours from the time of flight and the report must be a physical printed copy from one of the ICMR approved labs). Then when you land in Dubai, they will do another PCR test free of cost at the airport. You can leave the airport but must quarantine at your hotel until you get the results of your test, which you will receive in 24-48 hours (make sure your mobile has roaming, because you have to give them your mobile number and they will text you a link to the results; you can also access the results through PureHealth app but mobile number registration at the airport is mandatory). Once you get the negative result, you are free to leave your hotel.

Note that you might need to take a PCR test for your return journey. If you plan your trip well (whole trip duration <= 3 days), you might be able to use the Dubai airport PCR result for your return journey (this is what I did).

These were the rules 2 weeks ago, not sure if anything has changed. Check the Emirates website for the latest travel guidelines.

Reactions: mvneema10

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
If you have a US B1/B2 visa which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel, then you can get a 14 day visa on arrival for a small fee (this is what I did). Otherwise, you have to apply for a visitor visa, but you will get it pretty fast (in 1-3 days).

You have to show a negative PCR test result to board the flight in India (the sample should have been collected within 72 hours from the time of flight and the report must be a physical printed copy from one of the ICMR approved labs). Then when you land in Dubai, they will do another PCR test free of cost at the airport. You can leave the airport but must quarantine at your hotel until you get the results of your test, which you will receive in 24-48 hours (make sure your mobile has roaming, because you have to give them your mobile number and they will text you a link to the results; you can also access the results through PureHealth app but mobile number registration at the airport is mandatory). Once you get the negative result, you are free to leave your hotel.

Note that you might need to take a PCR test for your return journey. If you plan your trip well (whole trip duration <= 3 days), you might be able to use the Dubai airport PCR result for your return journey (this is what I did).

These were the rules 2 weeks ago, not sure if anything has changed. Check the Emirates website for the latest travel guidelines.
Thanks a lot for the detailed response. Now the VAC centers in India has opened for PR application. I would go for it then.