+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry application status went back from "Approved" to "Processing"

gvenez

Mar 26, 2018
We applied for the express entry few months back. Got passport request two weeks back and sent in passport copies and photos.
The status changed to Approved/ "Decision has been made. We have approved your application" after couple of days.

We booked our tickets and accommodation. Now the status has changed back to "Processing"

Has this happened to anyone else?

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
We applied for the express entry few months back. Got passport request two weeks back and sent in passport copies and photos.
The status changed to Approved/ "Decision has been made. We have approved your application" after couple of days.

We booked our tickets and accommodation. Now the status has changed back to "Processing"

Has this happened to anyone else?
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Did you get your COPR?

gvenez

Mar 26, 2018
No, we didn't get the COPR; its been two weeks. The status said "Approved" and our medicals expire in a month so we booked the tickets.

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
You can call your local visa office or contact the VFS to see whats going on...But one of my friends got his COPR and Passport back almost after 23 days....

gvenez

Mar 26, 2018
I called up the visa office but they don't answer calls about visa processing. They redirected me to an email and I already sent two emails. I guess we will have to apply for ETA and go to canada anyway as we dont want to waste the ticket and airbnb booking

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
I called up the visa office but they don't answer calls about visa processing. They redirected me to an email and I already sent two emails. I guess we will have to apply for ETA and go to canada anyway as we dont want to waste the ticket and airbnb booking
Where is your local visa office located?

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Sydney, Australia.
If you are worried that the status on your application changed to "Processing" then don't worry about it. I have noticed a few applicant's status changed to the same. The only thing I could think of that could have happened is - I have heard that the visa office dispatches passports in batches. I guess your PP will be dispatched in the next outgoing batch. I would encourage you to keep checking the VFS return tracker and whether the counterfoil document is uploaded in your account...Good luck!

gvenez

Mar 26, 2018
If you are worried that the status on your application changed to "Processing" then don't worry about it. I have noticed a few applicant's status changed to the same. The only thing I could think of that could have happened is - I have heard that the visa office dispatches passports in batches. I guess your PP will be dispatched in the next outgoing batch. I would encourage you to keep checking the VFS return tracker and whether the counterfoil document is uploaded in your account...Good luck!
Good to hear about other applicants having the same issues. We don't need physical passport to travel and CIC COPR should be enough.
If we don't get COPR before our travel on 30th, can we go on ETA and then wait for COPR in Canada? Everything is booked and I would rather not waste it

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Good to hear about other applicants having the same issues. We don't need physical passport to travel and CIC COPR should be enough.
If we don't get COPR before our travel on 30th, can we go on ETA and then wait for COPR in Canada? Everything is booked and I would rather not waste it
To be honest I am not sure how would that work. If I were you, I would wait for my PP and COPR to arrive....

gvenez

Mar 26, 2018
Thank you for all the help. We sent an "Urgent" email to the consulate. Our application status had changed from "Approved" to "processing" and then blank. We got the COPR one day before we were scheduled to travel!

All good; bags packed for our trip to Toronto!

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Thank you for all the help. We sent an "Urgent" email to the consulate. Our application status had changed from "Approved" to "processing" and then blank. We got the COPR one day before we were scheduled to travel!

Bon Voyage! Good luck!

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......

Welcome To Canada my dear friend...We are waiting for you..:)