+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express entry application issue

kilbil

Mar 10, 2019
Hi,

Could anyone help me in below situation:

Presently I am staying in Quebec on closed work permit and my wife is here with me on Visitor Visa.
I want to process my federal express entry application simultaneously but during the application filling I found that my CRS score is 460 as single applicant and when i add my wife to it CRS score is dropping to 440

Can I file only as single applicant and then sponsor my wife later ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Could anyone help me in below situation:

Presently I am staying in Quebec on closed work permit and my wife is here with me on Visitor Visa.
I want to process my federal express entry application simultaneously but during the application filling I found that my CRS score is 460 as single applicant and when i add my wife to it CRS score is dropping to 440

Can I file only as single applicant and then sponsor my wife later ?
Yes - you can.

The fact you are in Quebec on a closed work permit is going to be a problem. You'll need to move out of the province if you want to be approved. Express Entry is for non-Quebec applicants.

kilbil

Mar 10, 2019
Thanks and I am planning to move out of Quebec province

my wife can still stay with me on visitor visa while my PR application is in process ?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks and I am planning to move out of Quebec province

my wife can still stay with me on visitor visa while my PR application is in process ?
Another thing, you will have to claim your wife to be non accompanying you. However her staying in Canada on extended visitor visa, will just give bullets to anyone checking your application.
For you to understand, if an officer will suspect that non accompanying is not genuine (which in this case is very easy to suspect), they can recalculate your points with your spouse and reject your application. Be aware of that.