-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
ButterflyChemist said:
IF you get married there is no time frame requirement but they might question whether the marriage is one of convenience i.e for immigration purposes only. You may have to show pics from your wedding and reception and stuff like that
I figured as much we will just continue with the common-law approach and supply with documentation as necessary.

Thanks again!

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Nicotugz said:
I figured as much we will just continue with the common-law approach and supply with documentation as necessary.

Thanks again!
I'm sorry. I don't understand. Getting married would be ultimately easier to prove than common law patrnership. They have been together for a long time and have now decided to get married. Why would it be viewed as one of convenience?

Have you seen cases like this before? Please explain, because I only got married last month. And I'm entering the pool next week after my IELTS exam. I've been with my partner for 5 years, and we decided a marriage certificate is much easier than having to prove common law relations.

Please respond why it would be viewed as one of convenience? And have you heard persons get rejected in similar situations? Thanks.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
luv2read90 said:
I'm sorry. I don't understand. Getting married would be ultimately easier to prove than common law patrnership. They have been together for a long time and have now decided to get married. Why would it be viewed as one of convenience?

Have you seen cases like this before? Please explain, because I only got married last month. And I'm entering the pool next week after my IELTS exam. I've been with my partner for 5 years, and we decided a marriage certificate is much easier than having to prove common law relations.

Please respond why it would be viewed as one of convenience? And have you heard persons get rejected in similar situations? Thanks.
CIC has no way of knowing how long you've known each other. All they will see is you got married two months ago or whatever the case may be. I never said it would be viewed as a marriage of convenience I said it could be. Each case is different and each agent is different. If they have doubts they will ask you to prove the authenticity of your relationship. Just submitting a marriage certificate is not necessarily enough. Include copies of your invitation and pics of you together over time. Pics with each other's families or on vacation etc. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/marriage.asp

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I have finally submitted my profile in the express entry pool last night. My total score is 405 which is very disappointing. I have worked in Canada for one year. I worked for 2 different employers: August 2011 to October 2011 the other from October 2011 to July 2012. However, I did not get any points for Canadian Work Experience. Does anyone have any idea as to why I gain zero points for this category?

What are my chances to get PNP?

Which Provinces are the easiest to apply to?

Have a blessed day every1.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Nuff_Love said:
Hello Guys,

I have finally submitted my profile in the express entry pool last night. My total score is 405 which is very disappointing. I have worked in Canada for one year. I worked for 2 different employers: August 2011 to October 2011 the other from October 2011 to July 2012. However, I did not get any points for Canadian Work Experience. Does anyone have any idea as to why I gain zero points for this category?

Was the NOC code the same for both jobs?

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
ButterflyChemist said:
CIC has no way of knowing how long you've known each other. All they will see is you got married two months ago or whatever the case may be. I never said it would be viewed as a marriage of convenience I said it could be. Each case is different and each agent is different. If they have doubts they will ask you to prove the authenticity of your relationship. Just submitting a marriage certificate is not necessarily enough. Include copies of your invitation and pics of you together over time. Pics with each other's families or on vacation etc. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/marriage.asp
I understand what you are saying. Well it isn't a marriage of convenience, well not in the way you mentioned through the link (Marriage to a Canadian Citizen or PR just to obtain Canadian papers). We have been together for a long time, both Jamaican and we more than able to prove it, if the question arises. So no worries.

Thanks.

Omarrnikki23

Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omarrnikki23 said:
Hello everyone. I see everyone getting love and much help on here so I'm Hoping I can get the same.
Very new on here as well and would love some help in the express entry process.

I am considering moving to Canada but I have not made any drastic move as yet. I am 24 years old and will be graduating from UTECH in November of this year. I applied to take the English test on the 19th of November. I am interested in migrating to Saskatchewan however I am getting a bit disheartened.

I do not have a job offer and to work as a public health inspector as I am now I will need additional training in canada. I will have 1 year of work experience in January and that is when I plan to do my credentials and then apply.

1. What I want to know is how good are my chances without a job offer?
2. What are the "right" things to do to ensure my success?
3. Do you suggest I apply to any specific province (if yes how do I do so)?
4. How much money did u provide as proof of funds?
5. What was your crs score that allowed you to be selected?

Just dash out information on me please cause I'm not well informed on it. Plus I believe it's best toget info from my fellow man who have been through it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Nuff_Love said:
Hello Guys,

Your Canadian work experience needs to be gained in the last 3 years in order for you to receive points. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Nuff_Love

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Omarrnikki23

Please see info below that was posted by Yampower. i hope this helps.

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz .cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.

Omarrnikki23

Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nuff_Love said:
Omarrnikki23

Please see info below that was posted by Yampower. i hope this helps.

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz .cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.
thank u very much!!!! Most helpful. Will definitely do these .

andre3000

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-12-2016
Got my COPR today so i'm all set!

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
andre3000 said:
Got my COPR today so i'm all set!
Congratulations!

I have a question did you use your pension funds from work as Proof of Funds. Or do you know anyone from Jamaica who used them and this was sufficient proof of funds???

andre3000

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-12-2016
luv2read90 said:
Congratulations!

I have a question did you use your pension funds from work as Proof of Funds. Or do you know anyone from Jamaica who used them and this was sufficient proof of funds???
Thanks!

Yes i used my pension funds as proof as funds. I believe a few members in this forum also did the same.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
andre3000 said:
Thanks!

Yes i used by pension funds as proof as funds. I believe a few members in this forum also did the same.
I used pension funds as well