+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants from Brazil, connect here!

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Thanks Joao, I got it! I guess having both documents helps reinforce that it is a gift and makes it more legit. Please, whenever you have some time could you share the affidavit template you used?
Will do!

You must be getting your ITA by now. Congratulations and good luck ahead!

vcfranca

Sep 23, 2017
Will do!

You must be getting your ITA by now. Congratulations and good luck ahead!
Thanks Joao! Just got the golden email! Still celebrating! Time to gather all the paperwork!

Quick question for you or maybe for the other experts from Brazil regarding the PCC. I am currently living in the US and I already submitted my request to the FBI to get the PCC, which might be sent late December or early January, I am also getting my PCC from Brazil in the next couple weeks. I am planning to submit my application early November with the Brazilian PCC and a LOE for the US PCC. However, I have a trip planned and paid to Brazil from Dec/15 to Jan/7 and I was wondering if that could impact my PCCs. Any word or advices? I read a lot of threads and this is a very polemic subject.
Thanks!

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Thanks Joao! Just got the golden email! Still celebrating! Time to gather all the paperwork!

Quick question for you or maybe for the other experts from Brazil regarding the PCC. I am currently living in the US and I already submitted my request to the FBI to get the PCC, which might be sent late December or early January, I am also getting my PCC from Brazil in the next couple weeks. I am planning to submit my application early November with the Brazilian PCC and a LOE for the US PCC. However, I have a trip planned and paid to Brazil from Dec/15 to Jan/7 and I was wondering if that could impact my PCCs. Any word or advices? I read a lot of threads and this is a very polemic subject.
Thanks!
Your profile locks at ITA and your application locks at AOR. A short trip to Brazil won't do harm to your application if you're worried about PCC.

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Did you send your Passport or only a copy? I'm wondering because I have sent only a copy, once I'm eligible for eTA.
If you are Brazilian, you have to send your original passport. Brazilians are only eligible for the ETA if we have a US visa or had a canadian visa for the past 10 years, meaning, there's an exception, not all brazilians are eligible to get an ETA. Our country is still on the list of countries that requires a visa to travel to Canada. That was my understanding and that's why I sent the original passport as well. Hope this helps!

Reactions: marcusvfm2

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
If you are Brazilian, you have to send your original passport. Brazilians are only eligible for the ETA if we have a US visa or had a canadian visa for the past 10 years, meaning, there's an exception, not all brazilians are eligible to get an ETA. Our country is still on the list of countries that requires a visa to travel to Canada. That was my understanding and that's why I sent the original passport as well. Hope this helps!
Yup,passport!

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016

Did you get your passport back? I have to send my and I am also wondering if I have to send my passport or a copy of it. i do have a valid US visa and Canadian WP visa

Reactions: gmichelli

rfsfilho

Sep 22, 2017
Did you get your passport back? I have to send my and I am also wondering if I have to send my passport or a copy of it. i do have a valid US visa and Canadian WP visa
Send the original. I've sent copies because a agent told to do it once I have a USA visa and canadian as well. However, they sent my copies back and they requested the original ones. I lost 2 weeks because this wrong information.
I think it is a good lesson learned for us!!!

Reactions: gmichelli

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I didn't get the passports back yet, however, my application was already approved, so, everything went well. I've sent the original passport. Thanks!

ESMendonça

Oct 4, 2017
Oi gente, tudo bem? Percebi uma mudança no peso dos pontos do express entry parece de dois meses pra cá, parece que ficou bem mais fácil. Antes com o mesmo perfil eu conseguia 431 pontos e agora consigo 450, sem falar que ter pelo menos 1 ano de experiência fora do canadá dá direito a 50 pontos se vc também tiver experiência no canadá. Mais alguém notou uma diferença? Antes um perfil de alguém que não tinha formação nem experiência de trabalho no Brasil e só tinha um college no canadá com 2 anos de experiência canadense não pontuava o suficiente pra imigrar, agora pontua 450 pontos, que é uma pontuação mais competitiva com relação aos últimos draws. Obtive esses resultados na calculadora do site da imigração. O que vocês acham?

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Send the original. I've sent copies because a agent told to do it once I have a USA visa and canadian as well. However, they sent my copies back and they requested the original ones. I lost 2 weeks because this wrong information.
I think it is a good lesson learned for us!!!
Thanks for your reply. I end up sending my passports because I don't have a valid visa anymore. I'm under implied Status for the next few weeks.
Cheers.

mpitillo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hey guys,

My partner is the main applicant for the Express Entry application, but since we are together for over 5 years, we are considered common-law partners already, even though we are not married. We have shared utility bills to use it as a proof etc.

I was wondering if there is a template for a letter where we can explain to CIC our relationship and what are the obligatory details to add to it, to make sure that they understand that we are officially common-law partners?

Thanks for your time!

tfreirl

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-02-2018
Good afternoon! Any news/comments on PNP processing at São Paulo Visa Office? I've submitted my file more than 6 months ago and had no news. Only medicals passed.
Is there a good way to contact then? Anyone already tried? Was it worth it?

Best regards!

Last edited:

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Anyone else waiting for passport to come back after PPR?
Hey! Glad to hear you got PPR and soon getting your passport back
I was told my application is in Sao Paulo right now, do you remember how long it took from LVO to PPR?