+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants from Brazil, connect here!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
robsonmin said:
Hi guys,
MR
I am a PNP - Saskatchewan applicant - OID.

I received my AOR on October 30, 2016. Now I am waiting for Medical Request.

I have a doubt after my MR. I know that there are about more 6 months for receive PPR. In my researches I will receive my MR on May. If I make my Medical on May 2017, I and my family need land until May 2018? Medical validity is one year ?

I and my family need make inland process? In this case , can I entered with my family and stay for 90 days until received all PR cards and my wife and sons returned to Brazil and just after some months the whole family immigrate definetly?

I appreciate seniors that already make landing process for tips.

Thanks
Robson
Is yours a paper based application? Because via EE you need to do UPFRONT medicals. Anyway:
If I make my Medical on May 2017, I and my family need land until May 2018? Medical validity is one year ?
Yes!

I and my family need make inland process? In this case , can I entered with my family and stay for 90 days until received all PR cards and my wife and sons returned to Brazil and just after some months the whole family immigrate definetly?
I understand that you can do this, but I'm not 100% sure so I hope someone with landing exp can help you there. I think the biggest problem here is bringing your stuff over... When you land you can say you have unaccompanied baggage (like a container) but when you return the second time I'm not sure of that's allowed. So I'm also interested on this.

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Must be before May 2017 because Visa Validity
g126 said:
Is yours a paper based application? Because via EE you need to do UPFRONT medicals. Anyway:Yes
Yes, my case is paper based application.

g126 said:
I understand that you can do this, but I'm not 100% sure so I hope someone with landing exp can help you there. I think the biggest problem here is bringing your stuff over... When you land you can say you have unaccompanied baggage (like a container) but when you return the second time I'm not sure of that's allowed. So I'm also interested on this.
I appreciate your attention, someone who land recently to answer my question?

edilsonjr

Dec 29, 2015
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-mar-2016
Doc's Request.
30-mar-2016 (Schedule 4A)
Nomination.....
07-dec-2015
AOR Received.
29-mar-2016
Passport Req..
29-nov-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you fill out the "Goods to follow" application, you can bring the listed goods at any time - even if it takes 2 or 3 (or more) trips to bring it all in.

When you land, you can present two lists: Goods accompanying and Goods to Follow.

Goods accompanying is used to declare what you are bringing in the moment you land.

Goods to follow are the goods you will bring later. No matter when.

Important: all goods must be used. No new goods are exempt to pay taxes.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
edilsonjr said:
If you fill out the "Goods to follow" application, you can bring the listed goods at any time - even if it takes 2 or 3 (or more) trips to bring it all in.

When you land, you can present two lists: Goods accompanying and Goods to Follow.

Goods accompanying is used to declare what you are bringing in the moment you land.

Goods to follow are the goods you will bring later. No matter when.

Important: all goods must be used. No new goods are exempt to pay taxes.
I have heard that you can't take alcohol, is that true? Will I need to finish off all my bottles of wine and spirits before I land? hehehe

edilsonjr

Dec 29, 2015
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-mar-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
07-dec-2015
AOR Received.
29-mar-2016
Passport Req..
29-nov-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
g126 said:
I have heard that you can't take alcohol, is that true? Will I need to finish off all my bottles of wine and spirits before I land? hehehe
That's what I've been doing. Haha

faby05

Jan 20, 2017
Hello guys!

My husband is the primary applicant. He have all the certificates. But I'm finishing yet my Bachelor's degree. The ideia it's that he go first and when I finish college next year, leave to Canada.

Question, in the "Level of Education" I don't have a clue what to answer for me (the spouse). Because rigth now just I have a certificade from a technical course (1year and half). But I'm finishing the Bachelor's degree next year (It's been already 3 years, in total will be 4 years and half).

So, wich one I should answer?

a) One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
b) Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
c) Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

edilsonjr

Dec 29, 2015
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-mar-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
07-dec-2015
AOR Received.
29-mar-2016
Passport Req..
29-nov-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
faby05 said:
Hello guys!

My husband is the primary applicant. He have all the certificates. But I'm finishing yet my Bachelor's degree. The ideia it's that he go first and when I finish college next year, leave to Canada.

Question, in the "Level of Education" I don't have a clue what to answer for me (the spouse). Because rigth now just I have a certificade from a technical course (1year and half). But I'm finishing the Bachelor's degree next year (It's been already 3 years, in total will be 4 years and half).

a) One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
b) Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
c) Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
Technically, none of those.

You have not concluded your college / university yet.

Have you sent your technical diploma through a canadian equivalency process? If not, you won't know what to put.

The first one may suit you, but only if they recognize your high school technical diploma as a one-year degree for trade or technical school.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
faby05 said:
Hello guys!

You can only put down education and claim points for it once your have an ECA... To get an ECA you need to contact an accredited institution (such as WES - https://www.wes.org/ca/) and get them to evaluate your degree. They will then send you an ECA report that says exactly what you should pick.

Now my suggestion is that you finish your Bachelors first and then get it assessed, as the assessment process costs $200.

Remember that or the spouse language (IELTS) and education (ECA) is not required, so you don't have to put anything down for yourself. Once/If you get an ITA then you can put your education down only the personal history section (and not the Education) that way you wont need to present any supporting documents (such as and ECA, translated degree, etc.).

faby05

Jan 20, 2017
edilsonjr said:
Technically, none of those.

You have not concluded your college / university yet.

Have you sent your technical diploma through a canadian equivalency process? If not, you won't know what to put.

The first one may suit you, but only if they recognize your high school technical diploma as a one-year degree for trade or technical school.
Thank you! :)

maribui

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-01-2017
Guys, I have a question regarding proof of funds, for those of you who have gone through the post ITA process.

CIC says I need to provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating my financial profile, printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, etc. The thing is, my bank won't issue such a letter for me, all they are willing to do is provide a standard letter stating I have been their cliente since xxxx. Our account has a virtual manager, so not really anyone I can speak with to help me out...

Have you all been able to have your bank issue this letter with all of the information required by CIC? My bank is ITAÚ, btw.

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Must be before May 2017 because Visa Validity
I am a SINP OID nominated in July 9, received AOR in Sep 30. Now I am waiting for my Medical Request.
I have a doubt:
I am the principal applicant and my passport number is linked with UCI (received in my AOR). My passport will expiry in December 2017. Can I renew it , or it is better I received my Medical Request before? I am asked about it, because I know that I have one year to land after I make my Medicals and probably I will receive my Medical Request until May and my passport expiration date is in december 2017. How i need to proceed if my passport number change in this stage is it delayed my process ? Someone update a sensitive information like a passport number. Thank you for any suggestion.

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
edilsonjr said:
Hi guys!

Just wanted to share with you all that my family and I landed in Toronto on the 26th of December.

Landing went smooth, and also in the airport we had our SIN Numbers generated - now I feel like someone in Canada.

We came back to Brazil on the 30th of December (really quick trip :mad: ) and now we are starting to prepare our things to move definetelly - but we have no final date yet.

Hope to see you all in Canada really soon!
Congratz man, that is really nice.

My wife and I will land in Toronto on the last week of February.

Have a couple questions for you:

1) Since you are back to Brazil, how did you do with the PR Card? Did you give them an adress in Canada so they can send it and then someone will mail it to you in Brazil?
2) About the SIN. Did you have to apply when already in the city or they did that for you during your landing process?

Thanks!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
maribui said:
Guys, I have a question regarding proof of funds, for those of you who have gone through the post ITA process.

CIC says I need to provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating my financial profile, printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, etc. The thing is, my bank won't issue such a letter for me, all they are willing to do is provide a standard letter stating I have been their cliente since xxxx. Our account has a virtual manager, so not really anyone I can speak with to help me out...

Have you all been able to have your bank issue this letter with all of the information required by CIC? My bank is ITAÚ, btw.
Mari!

So nice to see you back here! For Itaú it's simple, just tell you manager you want a letter like this one here:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YYvfwhaiZE0/Vikniw1SpFI/AAAAAAAAIZQ/N3MqNzGhufk/s1600/Atestado%2Bde%2BIdoneidade%2BIta%25C3%25BA%2B-%2BModelo.png

That should suffice.

Hurry and and get your AOR in Jan so that we can be in the same thread again!!! ;D

Reactions: acheandre

edilsonjr

Dec 29, 2015
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-mar-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
07-dec-2015
AOR Received.
29-mar-2016
Passport Req..
29-nov-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
lpera said:
Congratz man, that is really nice.

My wife and I will land in Toronto on the last week of February.

Have a couple questions for you:

1) Since you are back to Brazil, how did you do with the PR Card? Did you give them an adress in Canada so they can send it and then someone will mail it to you in Brazil?
2) About the SIN. Did you have to apply when already in the city or they did that for you during your landing process?

Thanks!
Congratz lpera!

Here are the answers
1) That's exactly it. I have a friend living in Toronto, and I put their address down as my definite adress. I will change once I move definetely to Canada.
2) There is a Service Canada in the airport. After I was done with the landing process, the officer told me to go ahead to the Service Canada room and I was able to have my SIN created right away. The whole process took about 45-50 mins.

What really took a long time was to register my Goods to follow form (it's done when you are leaving the offboarding area, after you pick up your luggage). This one took like a whole hour.

Good luck!

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
edilsonjr said:
Congratz lpera!

Here are the answers
1) That's exactly it. I have a friend living in Toronto, and I put their address down as my definite adress. I will change once I move definetely to Canada.
2) There is a Service Canada in the airport. After I was done with the landing process, the officer told me to go ahead to the Service Canada room and I was able to have my SIN created right away. The whole process took about 45-50 mins.

What really took a long time was to register my Goods to follow form (it's done when you are leaving the offboarding area, after you pick up your luggage). This one took like a whole hour.

Good luck!
Thanks for the response!

Regarding 1) - did the officer asked you if you were leaving back to Brazil and then coming back later to Canada? How was the conversation?

For the good to follow, the only things I am really taking to Canada are laptops and cellphones, nothing else. Do you have to disclose clothing items as well?