+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry applicants from Brazil, connect here!

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About the Portuguese vs. English matter, as this is an international forum, it would be better if we posted only in English, because it would be easier for foreigners to read our posts in case one of them needs to know something. Besides, there might be people whose file is with SPVO who might not speak Portuguese. Moreover, it's also a good opportunity to improve our skills in the language that is likely to become our primary for the rest of our lives!

That's just my opinion, though.

vfonte

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Skywalker_RT said:
About the Portuguese vs. English matter, as this is an international forum, it would be better if we posted only in English, because it would be easier for foreigners to read our posts in case one of them needs to know something. Besides, there might be people whose file is with SPVO who might not speak Portuguese. Moreover, it's also a good opportunity to improve our skills in the language that is likely to become our primary for the rest of our lives!

That's just my opinion, though.
Agreed! If we take a look on topics from other countries in this forum (like "applicants from Bangladesh") they will only post in English. So, I believe it would be better that way.

Also, don't mind if your English skills are not great. I believe none of us are immune to grammar mistakes. Just don't be afraid to try.

edilsonjr

Dec 29, 2015
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-mar-2016
Doc's Request.
30-mar-2016 (Schedule 4A)
Nomination.....
07-dec-2015
AOR Received.
29-mar-2016
Passport Req..
29-nov-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
vfonte said:
Agreed! If we take a look on topics from other countries in this forum (like "applicants from Bangladesh") they will only post in English. So, I believe it would be better that way.

Also, don't mind if your English skills are not great. I believe none of us are immune to grammar mistakes. Just don't be afraid to try.
Yeah I also agree it should be in English, but if writting in Portuguese can aid someone in need that can't speak English well, I wouldn't mind doing so. Better help someone that has a problem now, right?

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Must be before May 2017 because Visa Validity
Hi guys I am sorry, follow my question in English
I have a question and I will post it here because PNP forums have few brazilians
I was nominated by the Province of Saskatchewan in Jul.2016 (SINP OID - Without job offer) I received my AOR in Sep.2016. My case is not express-entry , I did the online process by the province and after that I was nominated. Finaly, I sent all documentation by mail (based paper) to Nova Scotia and in September I received my AOR , after it I was able to link my application online in MYCIC from then I am with my Open status - Review in Progress - have made these same questions by the Web Form in the CIC, but got no answer yet.
Talking to a person who applied in 2013 before the Express Entry which was also via mail he told me that after the AOR Medical Request it was 40 days and after 2 more months to get a visa.
Sorry to be posting here but has few people whose VO is Sao Paulo who have been nominated by the province PNP through paper based and would like to take doubt and compare the Timelines in order to have an idea and compare with my process.

Thank you, if anyone is in the same situation and I can share your Timeline will be very useful.

Robson

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Gisademattos said:
I do not know if I am supposed to answer in Portuguese or English...as you asked in Portuguese and I am answering you question directly, here we go....

Eu também estou no PNP NÂO EE - e a espera está em 16 meses (parte Federal)...já estou a 7 meses na espera e nada do pedido dos exames.
Please could you share your timeline, it is will be great for comparassion purposes.
One more question after receive AOR , did you receive another AOR from Sao Paulo VO ? How can I know if my file was transferred ?

My timeline is:
PNP Saskatchewan applicantion - SINP OID Category (without job offer)
App Filled: Jan 03
Nomination: Jun 09
AOR Received: Sep 30.
Medical Request: Waiting.

Gisademattos

May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 08, 2016
Nomination.....
Sept 01, 2015
AOR Received.
March 22, 2016
robsonmin said:
Please could you share your timeline, it is will be great for comparassion purposes.
One more question after receive AOR , did you receive another AOR from Sao Paulo VO ? How can I know if my file was transferred ?

My timeline is:
PNP Saskatchewan applicantion - SINP OID Category (without job offer)
App Filled: Jan 03
Nomination: Jun 09
AOR Received: Sep 30.
Medical Request: Waiting.

My process is MPNP not EE...so my timeline will be very different from yours. Sorry I can´t be of much help and totally understand the frustration about the slowness of our VO.

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Gisademattos said:
My process is MPNP not EE...so my timeline will be very different from yours. Sorry I can´t be of much help and totally understand the frustration about the slowness of our VO.
My process also is not EE, I am nominated by SINP - Saskatchewan without job offer. Paper based applicant. I am really frustraded with this delay especially because I am looking for a new job and this door to Canada is a hope for me and my family.

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vfonte said:
To be fair, SPVO did ask for further proof of my work experience, which I sent two months ago. I'm pretty sure that's the reason for the delay, but the lack of a due date for an answer frustrates me. I could get an answer tomorrow or maybe even next year. When you go beyond the 6 months mark, you are in the limbo. It's totally unpredictable.

My advice for those who are applying to EE is: don't get too eager for the PPR. Last year there were a lot of people who got the PPR in less than 6 months, but since the beginning of this year, there are more and more applications that are beyond the 6 months mark. And I still see many people hoping to get their PPR in 4 or 5 months. That expectation is not healthy and I do not recommend. The key to this whole process is patience. A lot of patience.

My mistake maybe was not sending those work experience documents when I applied. If I did that, this whole process could be over by now. So, I advise to send all the documents when you apply. This will save you some time in the future.

And also read the topic "Reasons for rejection" and try to avoid any mistake.

Hey Vfonte,

Thank you sooo much!

That is very true and very helpful. I know many people begin to become inpatient and they think something is wrong with their application. This is great advice you know!
I was asking a former employee in the field and she was telling me that it is not a good idea to begin contacting the CIC when you don't hear from them in a long time. She said that if you have something important to share with them it is ok. But otherwise, it is better to be patient because they will move your file at the bottom of the pile if you bother them just to see a faster response. :-X So your words are gold!

ajanoni

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Sao Paulo - SP
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016
Nomination.....
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2016
Any movement?

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Someone in paper based ( Provincial ) not Express Entry , please share your timeline for my comparassion purposes.

My timeline is:

Category........: PNP
Visa Office......: Sao Paulo
NOC Code......: 2281
App. Filed.......: 03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.: 13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....: 09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.: 30-SEP-2016

I appreciate , thanks.

edilsonjr

Dec 29, 2015
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-mar-2016
Doc's Request.
30-mar-2016 (Schedule 4A)
Nomination.....
07-dec-2015
AOR Received.
29-mar-2016
Passport Req..
29-nov-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ajanoni said:
Any movement?
None whatsoever.

Since Sao Paulo sent me an e-mail saying that I should only hear from them in January, I honestly don't even bother anymore.

This is a dead end: If the application passes 6 months, we are supposed to raise a CSE. You raise a CSE, they give you no information. So... dead end.

vfonte

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Alexand said:
Hey Vfonte,

Thank you sooo much!

That is very true and very helpful. I know many people begin to become inpatient and they think something is wrong with their application. This is great advice you know!
I was asking a former employee in the field and she was telling me that it is not a good idea to begin contacting the CIC when you don't hear from them in a long time. She said that if you have something important to share with them it is ok. But otherwise, it is better to be patient because they will move your file at the bottom of the pile if you bother them just to see a faster response. :-X So your words are gold!

Not a problem. Glad I could help!

vfonte

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
edilsonjr said:
None whatsoever.

Since Sao Paulo sent me an e-mail saying that I should only hear from them in January, I honestly don't even bother anymore.

This is a dead end: If the application passes 6 months, we are supposed to raise a CSE. You raise a CSE, they give you no information. So... dead end.
You're right. I just got tired of making predictions. If I don't hear anything until the end of the year, I will just move on with my life.

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
vfonte said:
You're right. I just got tired of making predictions. If I don't hear anything until the end of the year, I will just move on with my life.
You are not the only one my friend. I also put my life on hold because of it and I am seriously reconsidering it.

I just do not get why such delay. Medicals passed, Criminality (as long as you have not lived abroad) it is an easy check as well, if they have any doubts about my work experience just call the company I work with, we have offices in Rio, São Paulo and Curitiba, in 10 minutes the HR department will confirm that everything that I reported is true.

And as someone else said before, you have no options. The time passed by but if you ask for information the answer is the same....

vfonte

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
lpera said:
You are not the only one my friend. I also put my life on hold because of it and I am seriously reconsidering it.

I just do not get why such delay. Medicals passed, Criminality (as long as you have not lived abroad) it is an easy check as well, if they have any doubts about my work experience just call the company I work with, we have offices in Rio, São Paulo and Curitiba, in 10 minutes the HR department will confirm that everything that I reported is true.

And as someone else said before, you have no options. The time passed by but if you ask for information the answer is the same....
Yeah, I believe we are all in the same boat. I understand they have a lot of applications to process, but still, I don't see how it can take almost a year (or in some cases, even beyond that).

So many plans had to be postponed or canceled. And there is absolutely nothing we can do, but wait.