+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry and PNP Questions

john_trust

Jun 17, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have several questions about Express Entry and PNP Questions

My profile are as follows:
  • I will be main applicant, I'm married 28 years old, my spouse will join with me to Canada
  • I have several experiences in IT field (different NOC Code), this is what I'd like to ask later
  • My IELTS are: speaking 6.5 listening 5.5 reading 6.0 writing 5.5 (band 6) (test date 05 June 2021)
  • I have bachelor degree of computer science (not assessed yet, I read in this forum I should assess it to submit it on Express Entry profile)
  • My wife also have bachelor degree of law (not assessed yet too)
My questions is, honestly I'm worried about my IELTS especially for Federal Skilled Worker stream, then again there is PNP that requires IELTS only with CLB 4 or 5
I have submitted my express entry profile but the score is all 0, I read in this forum
  • (that ECA is mandatory otherwise the CRS scores will all be 0?)
  • with this profile, what should I do? should I retry submit EE profile after finished ECA documents?
  • how does the PNP actually works, some say it needs EE profile and as long as you check the mark in the provinces questions there is a possibility for you to being nominated?
  • should my wife get ECA too? or only me necessary? things I know that it will increase CRS too
  • I have work experience as follow: NOC 4012 (2 years 2014-2016), NOC 2171 (2 years 2016-2018), NOC 0213 (1 year ongoing Jan 2020 - now) , I have NOC 2175 too but is self employed, should I include? it is not full time, but it is paid, what NOC should I be going? is NOC 0213 ok?
  • One extra questions, how come the lowest score in CRS history is 67? and for PNP is 711? (it means the crs is 111 right?)
  • Say, if I get remote job from Canadian Employer they will no need LMIA? and it will be count as Canadian experience too or not?
I'm looking for any possible pathway, any more information will be much appreciated, I've tried to apply for AIPP too from the designated employers but so far no luck..
TIA.. best regards
Prompt reply truly appreciated

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
If I were you, I would definitively work on my IELTS to get a better score. When the FSW draws resume, you will want to have as much points as you possibly can to have a chance to get an invitation.

If your education was outside of Canada, you will need your ECA. And keeping that high score requirement in mind, try to get the ECA for your wife's education as well.

As far as the NOC is concerned, it doesn't really matter if you go through the FSW stream plain and simple. You would choose the NOC for which it will be the easiest to get your reference letters and which would give you the most points (in terms of years of work experience).

Now, if you are thinking of getting the boost of a Provincial nomination through a PNP stream tied to the Express Entry pool, you would have first to check what NOC are demand in different provinces or in the specific province where you would like to move and build your profile around that NOC.

And when you create your profile, select all the provinces. This way you increase your chances of receiving a letter of interest from a province if your profile matches their criteria for stream X or W. For example, Nova Scotia may invite EE candidates who "have selected French as their first official language and have a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 9 or higher in French in all language abilities".

There are simply too much PNP streams to discuss here, but you will find all the requirements on websites of the respective provincial immigration services.

Reactions: john_trust

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have several questions about Express Entry and PNP Questions

My profile are as follows:
  • I will be main applicant, I'm married 28 years old, my spouse will join with me to Canada
  • I have several experiences in IT field (different NOC Code), this is what I'd like to ask later
  • My IELTS are: speaking 6.5 listening 5.5 reading 6.0 writing 5.5 (band 6) (test date 05 June 2021)
  • I have bachelor degree of computer science (not assessed yet, I read in this forum I should assess it to submit it on Express Entry profile)
  • My wife also have bachelor degree of law (not assessed yet too)
My questions is, honestly I'm worried about my IELTS especially for Federal Skilled Worker stream, then again there is PNP that requires IELTS only with CLB 4 or 5
I have submitted my express entry profile but the score is all 0, I read in this forum
  • (that ECA is mandatory otherwise the CRS scores will all be 0?)
  • with this profile, what should I do? should I retry submit EE profile after finished ECA documents?
  • how does the PNP actually works, some say it needs EE profile and as long as you check the mark in the provinces questions there is a possibility for you to being nominated?
  • should my wife get ECA too? or only me necessary? things I know that it will increase CRS too
  • I have work experience as follow: NOC 4012 (2 years 2014-2016), NOC 2171 (2 years 2016-2018), NOC 0213 (1 year ongoing Jan 2020 - now) , I have NOC 2175 too but is self employed, should I include? it is not full time, but it is paid, what NOC should I be going? is NOC 0213 ok?
  • One extra questions, how come the lowest score in CRS history is 67? and for PNP is 711? (it means the crs is 111 right?)
  • Say, if I get remote job from Canadian Employer they will no need LMIA? and it will be count as Canadian experience too or not?
I'm looking for any possible pathway, any more information will be much appreciated, I've tried to apply for AIPP too from the designated employers but so far no luck..
TIA.. best regards
Prompt reply truly appreciated
ECA is mandatory if you want to create an EE profile, you can use the CRS calculator to estimate your score in order to check if it's worthy or not.

Canada has 10 provinces and 4 territories and each province/territory has its own variety of nomination programs, there are in total more than 100 different PNPs. Some of them are linked to EE, some of them are not. Some of them you can apply online, and some of them you have to apply on paper. So basically each one of them has a different eligibility requirement and you'll need to do some heavy research based on the province you want to apply to. In general, most of them requires you to have some kind of conexion to Canada (canadian education, canadian work experience, canadian job offer, etc) to be eligible.

EE has 4 different programs: CEC, FSW, FST and PNP. The lowest score in history of EE was 75 and it happened during one of the draws this year where only CEC was eligible, not for the rest. So even if you had a higher score, you wouldn't have gotten an ITA if you were only eligible under FSW.

Only if you work physically in Canada for a canadian employer it will count as canadian work experience. Any other option doesn't.

CRS calculator:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Previous EE draws:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html

Last edited:
Reactions: john_trust

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Even when you get your ECA and if your spouse doesn't take IELTS or ECA, are you even eligible with your low IELTS scores? Do you even have 67 points? If you are what is your CRS score?

• (that ECA is mandatory otherwise the CRS scores will all be 0?) - Cannot submit without ECA.
  • with this profile, what should I do? should I retry submit EE profile after finished ECA documents? - Are you even eligible with 67 points because of IELTs scores?
  • how does the PNP actually works, some say it needs EE profile and as long as you check the mark in the provinces questions there is a possibility for you to being nominated? You need to find out if you are eligible as each province has different requirements. Some require job offers.
  • should my wife get ECA too? or only me necessary? things I know that it will increase CRS too - Yes, especially if you get PR and she wants to accompnay you.
  • One extra questions, how come the lowest score in CRS history is 67? and for PNP is 711? (it means the crs is 111 right?) - The low score was because it was a CEC not open draw of those working in Canada during Covid. IRCC went so low to allow those in Canada to obtain PR. PNP score again is most likely due to someone in Canada with Canadian Work experience and on LMIA.
  • Say, if I get remote job from Canadian Employer they will no need LMIA? and it will be count as Canadian experience too or not? No.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Reiterating on what was posted above.
For Express Entry: Minimum requirement for First Language is CLB 7 if it is English.
Based on your scores in IELTS (it should be General Training) it is CLB 6.
You will have to retake your English tests to be eligible for Express Entry then have a competitive CRS score for FSW.