+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry and OINP after getting deported from Canada

cupid1984

Dec 27, 2016
Hi Guys,

I need your advice before I proceed,

I was an asylum seeker in Canada 3 years ago. But my refugee claim was refused and got a deportation order. So I left the country on the given date. After I came back to my country started my undergraduate degree and work also.

Last year I completed my undergraduate degree and gained 2 years of experience in NOC 2182 and 2 years of experience in NOC 2173. So I am planning to apply for Canadian permanent residence through Express Entry and OINP

So my question is If I apply for OINP, does the OINP refuse to nominate me since I got deported from Canada? By the way, when left the country CBSA officer told me I can come back to the country again with proper reason and with Authorization to return.

Thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need to apply for both at the same time as per the link. Did the Canadian government pay your airfare to leave the country? Whether your ARC is approved will not be known until you apply As It has only been 3 years. What is your eligibility score out of 67 and your CRS score. Your NOCs aren’t on the OINP list so not sure how you will get a nomination without a job offer. And can’t get job offer because you were deporte.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada.html

cupid1984

Dec 27, 2016
Hi,
2173(Software Engineer) is available under tech draw. I spoke to an immigration lawyer and he cleared my doubts. For Immigrant visa, deportation won't be an issue. I just need to disclose the deportation order. I will update the thread after I applied for the express entry.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
2173(Software Engineer) is available under tech draw. I spoke to an immigration lawyer and he cleared my doubts. For Immigrant visa, deportation won't be an issue. I just need to disclose the deportation order. I will update the thread after I applied for the express entry.
As I said, you just want to check that your are eligible for EE (min. 67 points just & have a good CRS score in the 400s.